Automotive

Any gas stations left with free air pump???

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2016 1:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1345 posts
4 upvotes
Scarborough

Any gas stations left with free air pump???

Shell now charges 50cent for airpumping
Cdn Tires,Petro Canada,Esso all charge
Going to check out Husky
107 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
4848 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Keep going to Shell.
Just ask the attendant to turn the pump on for free
Nov 18, 2010
51 posts
7 upvotes
The Shell near McCowen and Sheppard still has a free pump.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1213 posts
96 upvotes
Most gas stations I've been to will allow you to use the air pump for free when you purchase gasoline from them. Just ask next time.
Nov 2, 2006
841 posts
15 upvotes
My suggestion is to get a portable one that you can use at home when your tires are cold as per recommended by tire manufacturers.

But agree, it sucks that gas stations charge for this now.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15580 posts
507 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
newt_101 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2010 9:02 am
Keep going to Shell.
ShinNoodles wrote:
Nov 19th, 2010 11:27 am
Most gas stations I've been to will allow you to use the air pump for free when you purchase gasoline from them. Just ask next time.

^These. I do it all the time.
PC IS MASTER RACE!
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)
VAPE NATION \//\
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19742 posts
1477 upvotes
newt_101 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2010 9:02 am
Keep going to Shell.

Oh yeah sure, why didn't the OP think of that solution?

Maybe if they ask really nice they will also turn on the gas pumps for free? LOL
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5671 posts
633 upvotes
Ottawa
ES_Revenge wrote:
Nov 19th, 2010 1:22 pm

Maybe if they ask really nice they will also turn on the gas pumps for free? LOL

Most times they will allow it when you buy gas beforehand...

Besides, are people really that cheap that they go out of their way to find a gas station with a free pump?!?!

You don't have to drive much further to use up that 25-50cents you would pay for the pump...
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19742 posts
1477 upvotes
TripleHelix wrote:
Nov 19th, 2010 1:27 pm
Most times they will allow it when you buy gas beforehand...
But it's not like they are remotely controlled right, doesn't the attendant have to go out and use a key or something in the pump unit? I somehow doubt they are going to be thrilled about doing that.
TripleHelix wrote:
Nov 19th, 2010 1:27 pm
Besides, are people really that cheap that they go out of their way to find a gas station with a free pump?!?!
Wait but are people really that cheap that they go into the gas station and ask the attendant to "turn on the air pump for free"? LOL :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5671 posts
633 upvotes
Ottawa
ES_Revenge wrote:
Nov 19th, 2010 1:31 pm
But it's not like they are remotely controlled right, doesn't the attendant have to go out and use a key or something in the pump unit? I somehow doubt they are going to be thrilled about doing that.

Wait but are people really that cheap that they go into the gas station and ask the attendant to "turn on the air pump for free"? LOL :lol:

Point taken... But its still a better solution to going out of your way to find a free one... *shrugs* ;)

if the attendant has to go to the pump, then just pay the damn 50cents lol
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1090 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
Petro Canada ones are remotely controlled. They just have to press a button
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2007
4354 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
Everytime I ask the attendant for change for the pump, they just turn it on for free because they're too lazy to give me change lol.
ES PRODUCTIONS
Professional Photography Services

#KeepFightingMichael
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2006
1863 posts
120 upvotes
7 and Woodbine shell is still free no need to ask just drive to it.

I use theirs a few times even though I have a 12 volt pump in my car. Just quicker and their lights are really bright so if you do it at night it's a lot better than what lighting i have at home.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2005
3282 posts
118 upvotes
Thornhill
meh I picked up a 12v compressor off of craigslist (brand new picked up 3 actually) that you set the pressure you want and it will keep on working until it hits that value. I love it!

Got it for 30 bucks but I don't think they have it up there anymore, it looks exactly like Canadian Tire's compressor but CT's is manual no automatic stop or setting the desired pressure.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4 ... ?locale=en
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
4848 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
ES_Revenge wrote:
Nov 19th, 2010 1:22 pm

People should learn to read.
Next time you go to Shell, look at the slot where you put the coins for the air.

It says something along the lines of 'For complimentary air, please ask attendant'.

Complimentary I believe, but I could be mistaken, means 'you no pay money save coin you have free cash'
× < >