Food & Drink

Any good deal for birthday buffet in West GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 7:22 pm
[OP]
Jan 4, 2013
303 posts
39 upvotes
TORONTO

Any good deal for birthday buffet in West GTA?

Two seniors are having coming birthdays, we want to take them out for a birthday buffet or big lunch, any recommendation?

Mississauga, oakville, milton and burlington?

Just went to Mandarin last weekend, so Mandarin buffet is not in our list.
21 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11081 posts
1506 upvotes
Toronto
Imperial buffet Mississauga might have a birthday person deal but you might want to sign up for their email list first (so you can print the coupon deal)
There were some complaints about this place in the past, but if they are still open and maintain a green pass sign I gather it's still a good buffet place to go to.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9763 posts
853 upvotes
gimegime wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 10:34 am
Two seniors are having coming birthdays, we want to take them out for a birthday buffet or big lunch, any recommendation?

Mississauga, oakville, milton and burlington?

Just went to Mandarin last weekend, so Mandarin buffet is not in our list.
Check out this thread: birthday-freebies-version-2017-1719925/

There are other places that give you a discount like Spoonful in Brampton. 50% off on your birthday or 10% off in your birth month for your party. One thing I don't like about their process is they take your ID and walk away with it. Then come back a few minute later. Seems shady like they are making a copy of it.
Last edited by joeyjoejoe on Aug 10th, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6008 posts
883 upvotes
Mississauga
Tuckers Marketplace. There's one in Burlington.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4203 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
by a wide margin, the best buffet in gta... not just west end....is spoonful (hwy 10/steeles)

i don't like buffets period but if i had to go, spoonful for sure.

my 2nd choice would be spoon & fork ayce...
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4203 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 7:40 pm
Tuckers Marketplace. There's one in Burlington.
this is bottom of the barrel imo....lol
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6008 posts
883 upvotes
Mississauga
Ducky wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 8:40 pm
this is bottom of the barrel imo....lol
No its not. I like Tuckers.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4203 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 9:03 pm
No its not. I like Tuckers.
maybe the Burlington one is good.... I've been to the heartland location and it was crap to me... which it closed down...
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11081 posts
1506 upvotes
Toronto
Ducky wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 9:59 pm
maybe the Burlington one is good.... I've been to the heartland location and it was crap to me... which it closed down...
The Heartland location wasn't as good as the Scarborough location, I'll grant that much. (It was okay but the Scarborough location was better)
Both are now gone.
If you have not been to the Burlington location, you don't have an opinion.
I very much miss the Scarborough location, and besides, who needs the opinion of someone who goes into it with an attitude of not liking buffets in the first place anyway?
This thread needs to hear from people who actually LIKE buffets.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6008 posts
883 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks you!

And tuckers offers the meal free to the birthday person.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4203 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
playnicee1 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:15 am
The Heartland location wasn't as good as the Scarborough location, I'll grant that much. (It was okay but the Scarborough location was better)
Both are now gone.
If you have not been to the Burlington location, you don't have an opinion.
I very much miss the Scarborough location, and besides, who needs the opinion of someone who goes into it with an attitude of not liking buffets in the first place anyway?
This thread needs to hear from people who actually LIKE buffets.
i don't like buffets... but I've still been to most so i can compare among them...lol

spoonful still #1.... if any other place in gta is better, i would like to know....10% off table for birthday month (up to 10)....50% off bday person i think
Nov 18, 2015
273 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Spoonfuls is the only buffet you should go to from this list.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9763 posts
853 upvotes
Here's the details straight from their website with all the exceptions:
Special Promotion
50% Off For Birthdays

Day Of Birthday + Government Photo ID

Birthday discount applies only to individual buffet prices (not final bill amount). Not valid with other promos/discounts. Please visit in store for full details/restrictions.

Birthday Month Special: 10% OFF ADULT buffet price only (excluding drinks, taxes, gratuities) for whole table, during month of your birthday (maximum 10 birthday month adult buffet), government photo ID required. Not valid Saturday dinner.

Above promotions are limited time offers (please call for details). Not valid holidays, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve. Please visit in store for full details/restrictions. These offers cannot be combined with any other promotional offers/discounts/coupons. Promotional offers may be subject to 2 hour seating time limit.

Above prices do not include beverages, gratuities, and applicable taxes.
Prices and menu are subject to change without notice.
Above prices do not apply on: Chinese New Year's Eve, Chinese New Year's Day, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and New Year's Eve. Please call for details.
Aces and children pricing applies when valid Government photo ID is presented.

Holiday pricing and menu applies from Dec 10 to Jan 2. Spoonful reserves the right to interpret and terminate above offers.

So if your birthday happens to fall on a holiday (listed above) and/or it's on a Saturday, then you're out of luck.

There's also this:Image

Personally, I find Spoonful is going down in quality. I've gone fairly often may be 6-7 time a year for the past 3-4 years, not so much this year. I love their cold seafood area, but the options have gotten very limited over the years. Hot food is limited. Their grill is meh and sushi offerings are getting weaker (less nigiri and sashimi, more rolls with cheap fillers). But I haven't found an alternative that makes my parents and sister happy, so guess where I'll be for my sister's birthday?