• Mar 11th, 2015 3:29 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 21, 2007
123 posts
46 upvotes

Any good deals?

Just got back from Target and it reminded me of the Zellers clearance. No real deals as everything was marked at the regular retail price and had only 10%-30% off. Did anyone find anything worth while?
407 replies
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1302 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
* Up to 30% off - the only stuff 30% off I found were greeting cards.
10% off Furniture, Bedding, Bath
Jun 4, 2011
258 posts
226 upvotes
Charlottetown
drv123 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2015 8:33 am
Just got back from Target and it reminded me of the Zellers clearance. No real deals as everything was marked at the regular retail price and had only 10%-30% off. Did anyone find anything worth while?
Was just at the Charlottetown Target and most items were 10% off, some 20% but not much at 30%.... Signs said up to 30% off but the majority was 10%. All toys were 20% off original price. I did check out items that had previously been on Clearance (red stickers) - they still had the clearance price stickers - scanned them and the % discount was taken off the Clearance prices. So I picked up a few Toys that had previously been marked down 70% plus got the extra 20% and used my Target card so another 5% on top. Also picked up a couple of Lego boxes that had been on 30% off clearance (plus the extra 20% for closing sale).

My recommendations for anyone hunting for deals it to target previous Clearance items... the rest of the deals are not great yet. Double check and scan to be sure but if you know of items that were previously on Clearance it seems the extra discounts are applied to the Clearance price and not the Original price.

Happy Hunting
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6802 posts
5890 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Reminds me of the fuss when Target opened up here...then after people went it was like "yawn"

On one hand they might be able to clear some inventory due to the initial high traffic. The problem is after the initial wave of traffic and cold deals they miss the chance to clear things quickly and it becomes a slow plodding burn as people tune out.

But I guess we all saw the "Sig Electronics liquidation sale" which was beyond lame.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1840 posts
128 upvotes
Ottawa
Article I read this morning had a guy buying 2 55" 4K TVs for $450 a piece. But then these are the Element 4K TVs that were on boxing day for $466 so it's not *that* great a deal. Surprised they still had these in stock though.
Jan 31, 2011
11 posts
3 upvotes
London
I went to both Targets in London. The deals are awful, and I'm pretty easy to please. Most stuff is 10%, and their stock is limited. Not worth your time.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2221 posts
198 upvotes
North York
drv123 wrote:
What do you expect?

It's the liquidators' job to get the most $ out of the remaining stock - there might be a couple of flash deals to get in the news and drive people through the doors, but most the merch will be close to regular pricing for as long as they can sell it.

Once the leases are almost up there will be some deals on the remaining stock, but we are still a couple of months away from that.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2002
1248 posts
99 upvotes
Kingston ON
drv123 wrote:
Big scam - no real deals & the line-ups were crazy! I have a hard time understanding how 10% off is a quote/unquote "liquidation sale". As far as I am concerned, if this is as good as it gets, they can take everything back to the U.S.
Carlos

Free be Freebie
Mar 8, 2006
479 posts
61 upvotes
Montreal
A real joke, food is only 10 % and the Target at Place Longueuil was full of food, I went last week and the shelves were empty.
May 16, 2007
994 posts
572 upvotes
I don't understand what people were expecting today ? 80% everything ?!?! It's not a scam either...it's just like every other liquidation sale ever...the discounts increase as time progresses

It's the first day of the clearance it'll be at least a month before the discounts get increased. I didn't even step foot into Zellers until it was minimum 50% off...

This is why Target failed the unrealistic and irrational expectations people set on this company from the get go...jeez

Simply blows my mind how stupid people can be here...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9879 posts
2556 upvotes
Best deals I saw were CDs/DVDs at 20% off, winterboots at 30% and cosmetics at 30%.

I grabbed some dress pants only because they will run of out sizes and $25 wasn't a bad deal (20% + 5% off)

Otherwise - not much. A lot of people there had no clue on pricing buying TVs and appliances for 10% off. LOL.
Nov 16, 2013
192 posts
300 upvotes
New Brunswick
I worked the SAAN liquidation and they probably are using the same liquidators. It will first be "Up to 30% off" then "Up to 40% off" and so-on and so-forth. Liquidators have ALL the power on pricing, so if there is a fixture or something that you want and you want to haggle, ask to talk to the liquidator to see if they can make you a deal.