Travel

Any good lavender or fruit-picking farms this long weekend?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2017 7:51 pm
Oct 30, 2010
550 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto

Any good lavender or fruit-picking farms this long weekend?

I heard the lavender only blooms in July, is it too late now to visit a lavender farm in the GTA area? Saw some disappointing photos of Terre Bleu farm of wilted lavender "bushes". What about some fruit-picking farms? Not sure which fruits are best this month.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27753 posts
27759 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Crops are a mess... Cause of all the rain and so little sun this year.

Strawberries have literally been a wash out.

Farmers are really hurting as in many places their fields are under water... Some crops did not go in at all this year.

Expect we'll be paying dearly for the lack of local produce and the subsequent fall out in the next 6+ months.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
icantfigureoutausername wrote: Google Terra Bleu reviews before you make the trip.
We were going to go today but decided not to because it's so overcast. Have you been? Reviews seem mixed but it's a place we've never been spmfigured it doesn't have to be a 10/10. The $15 admission on weekends seems a bit steep.

OP, I don't think you can pick lavender at Terre Bleu.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1550 posts
677 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I thought it might be a nice day trip but there's too many negative comments about the (alleged) tempermental owner, so I passed. Also from what I gather its not that big and doesn't warrant the $15 price tag or the drive out there. I think the Royal Botanical Gardens in Hamilton is a better choice.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)