• Sep 29th, 2013 10:46 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
1891 posts
97 upvotes

Any good Mechanics??

Looking for a trust-able honest car mechanic in the Brampton area, I do not mind traveling to Mississauga or Georgetown if the mechanic is good. I'm just getting into automotive and don't really know and at least for now will need a mechanic, I do want to start doing some of the DIY stuff on my own such as oil/filter changes etc.

I also plan on buying the parts I need online and maybe just have the mechanic install them rather then buying and getting it installed by a shop. Do you think this is a good idea?
11 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
19606 posts
1662 upvotes
If you provide the parts, they might not provide any warranty... So you could save a bit of money getting parts elsewhere but then after it is installed something is wrong so you have to pay them again to fix it

are you looking for shop mechanics or backyard mechanics?
Penalty Box
Oct 13, 2009
10589 posts
1605 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
The word is trustworthy
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
1891 posts
97 upvotes
what is the difference between shop mechanics vs backyard mechanics? I would say shop, one that has experience and parts and tools to complete any job.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1294 upvotes
jebise wrote:
Sep 28th, 2013 7:48 pm
Looking for a trust-able honest car mechanic in the Brampton area, I do not mind traveling to Mississauga or Georgetown if the mechanic is good. I'm just getting into automotive and don't really know and at least for now will need a mechanic, I do want to start doing some of the DIY stuff on my own such as oil/filter changes etc.

I also plan on buying the parts I need online and maybe just have the mechanic install them rather then buying and getting it installed by a shop. Do you think this is a good idea?
Brampton - Bramcity Transmission and Automotive
http://www.bramcity.com/index.php

fwiw....Bramcity has 100+ ' 4 star + ' positive reviews from among their customers....see link below....
http://www.demandforce.com/b/bramcity
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
1891 posts
97 upvotes
You rock poedua, I was looking to get CF rust proofing done as well and they are listed on CF's website but was unsure since I haven't seen any review's. I will take my dad's Mazda to them (needs some brake work) and see and if it turns out well I will get them to apply CF on my new car. Hopefully they are good honest people.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1294 upvotes
jebise wrote:
Sep 29th, 2013 1:40 pm
You rock poedua, I was looking to get CF rust proofing done as well and they are listed on CF's website but was unsure since I haven't seen any review's. I will take my dad's Mazda to them (needs some brake work) and see and if it turns out well I will get them to apply CF on my new car.
No problem...glad to be of some help. :)

Bramcity seems like an amazing shop....let us know how it turns out.

And great choice on the Corrosion free rustproofing btw ....the best rustproofing product you can get in the GTA IMO.

And if you get the complete CF package on a new car, I think it only calls for re-application every 18 months as well....which is nice.
TRAIN HARD !!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
1891 posts
97 upvotes
poedua wrote:
Sep 29th, 2013 9:46 am
No problem...glad to be of some help. :)

Bramcity seems like an amazing shop....let us know how it turns out.

And great choice on the Corrosion free rustproofing btw ....the best rustproofing product you can get in the GTA IMO.

And if you get the complete CF package on a new car, I think it only calls for re-application every 18 months as well....which is nice.
HAHA that's your doing as well, I was thinking Krown but I don't like the drippy idea and they also have to drill holes.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1294 upvotes
jebise wrote:
Sep 29th, 2013 2:02 pm
HAHA that's your doing as well, I was thinking Krown but I don't like the drippy idea and they also have to drill holes.
Actually, double check with CF, but I think the CF complete package calls for drilling holes ( if needed ) as well.

Either way, I'm sure if you specifically ask NOT to have holes drilled, BramCity can accommodate you - though there's a chance you won't get the CF warranty to go with it if you do.

And I suggested BramCity because of their 100+ positive ' 4-star+ ' reviews from paying customers - not because of the CF.
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1157 upvotes
poedua wrote:
Sep 29th, 2013 9:25 am
fwiw....Bramcity has 100+ ' 4 star + ' positive reviews from among their customers....see link below....
http://www.demandforce.com/b/bramcity
Demand Force reviews are useless. They're managed by the business that is reviewed, so they have the ability to remove negative reviews.

As a consumer, you should look at DemandForce as an advertisement vehicle by the business, rather than a review database by consumers.
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8656 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto
Prototech Auto Centre
www.prototechauto.ca/‎
1776 Meyerside Dr Mississauga, ON L5T 1A3
(905) 565-6228

Ask for Mike. Tell him Kevin with the loud white EP3 sent you.
× < >