Tags:
None
Banned
Nov 30, 2003
641 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto

any Hacker kinda movies...

Hey I like watching movies with hi tech devices and hacking etc and yes there is Sneakers, Hackers, Swordfish, Takedown, Wargames etc.. edit: antitrust, the net.. but I feel there isnt enough of these types of movies around.. maybe it is the fact there were hollywood types. I seen a bunch of docs too but wanted to ask if anyone has seen any indie films based on hacking etc that was kinda good. Is there any worth watching?

thx
What's the Dilly?

Hofo Feedback
Heat
23 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24043 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
I think you pretty much named all the hacker movies that have been made. There aren't that many out there, and for good reason. They are really boring to watch!
Jun 9, 2005
100 posts
Brantford, Ontario
I'm going to have to reccomend a movie called Anti-Trust. It's an excellent movie with a great cast. Has a great story and plot. It had me interested the whole time. This movie reminds me off microsoft and bill gates, you would understand if you watched it! Trust me go out and rent this!

Info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218817/
[URL=http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... ost3583526]***2001 Kawasaki Ninja EX250R w/2000 km + more
[OP]
Banned
Nov 30, 2003
641 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
yeh I saw antitrust not a bad movie at all i didnt list them all hence the etc..

Firewall looks interesting. I would like to watch that for sure.. keep em coming..
What's the Dilly?

Hofo Feedback
Heat
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
1997 posts
227 upvotes
If you really want to stretch the definition of hacker movie, the newest Italian Job has some hacking in it.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Sneakers is still the standard, IMO.
cmge wrote:the only thing good in Anti Trust was Rachel Leigh Cook... :D
Tim Robbins' parody of Bill Gates was pretty funny, but I won't argue. :)
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24043 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Tshute wrote:The Matrix?
Best hacking movie! :lol:
Apr 7, 2004
34 posts
It's a stretch, but Swordfish could fit in the hacker type movie.

Oops. It was mentioned in the original post...
× < >