Automotive

Any Happy Mitsubishi Mirage Owners?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2018 2:26 pm
Jan 10, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
This is an old post so it may not be relevant, but if you're still looking for a car, I definitely recommend the Mirage.

You can safely ignore all these people saying "it's too weak" "you can't go on highways" etc. That is foolish. I cruise comfortably at 110kmh all the time. Over in Europe 78hp would be considered plenty. The people here who are complaining about lack of power are probably also the people that you see slamming down the accelerator at a green light, taking off like a bat out of hell, simply to come to a stop again at the next red light in 100 metres. And the guy saying it's unsafe clearly did not do much research: the Mirage gets the same IIHS safety ratings as the Fiesta, and much better than the Accent, which by comparison crumples like a tin can.

Fuel economy is good, I average around 5.5L/100km. Interior holds a decent amount of stuff, especially with the rear seats folded down. It's no less or more comfortable than any other car, as far as I can tell.

You say you want an inexpensive decent little car that gets you from A to B? The Mirage is exactly that. The Micra and Spark seem like decent enough cars too, albeit more expensive.