Art and Photography

Any Lightroom /Photoshop experts here ?

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2017 9:44 am
Tags:
[OP]
Member
Dec 27, 2005
331 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Any Lightroom /Photoshop experts here ?

I'm new to all the photography world and been using lightroom to enhance colors and all But i see people change their image completely.

Wanted to see if there are any experts od FRD ? who can just take a few of my RAW images and post process their own way ?

wanted to see what can be achieved!
23 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1180 posts
187 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Go to YouTube.com and search for Lightroom tutorials. There are a lot of them.
Sr. Member
Aug 1, 2010
728 posts
295 upvotes
Montreal
Sure thing, send me a dropbox link or something
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
Jr. Member
Dec 15, 2009
102 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
robertz wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 2:45 am
Go to YouTube.com and search for Lightroom tutorials. There are a lot of them.
Yes, Youtube have tons of tutorials available.


This sound pretty fishy in my opinion. Hopefully OP is not trying to use the edited image for personal gain somewhere. :rolleyes:
Sr. Member
Aug 1, 2010
728 posts
295 upvotes
Montreal
ed0426 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 10:11 am
Yes, Youtube have tons of tutorials available.


This sound pretty fishy in my opinion. Hopefully OP is not trying to use the edited image for personal gain somewhere. :rolleyes:
I'll stick a huge watermark on it Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
Jr. Member
Dec 15, 2009
102 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
aerok wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 10:28 am
I'll stick a huge watermark on it Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
hahaha, it is up to you. i'm just voice out what i thought in this subject.
Sr. Member
Aug 1, 2010
728 posts
295 upvotes
Montreal
ed0426 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 10:41 am
hahaha, it is up to you. i'm just voice out what i thought in this subject.
Well you're absolutely right, I didn't think of it this way.
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
[OP]
Member
Dec 27, 2005
331 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i don't think getting a few images would give anyone much benefit .. longterm atleast
ed0426 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 10:11 am
Yes, Youtube have tons of tutorials available.


This sound pretty fishy in my opinion. Hopefully OP is not trying to use the edited image for personal gain somewhere. :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
3817 posts
1083 upvotes
Calgary
I don't think there is anything wrong with what the OP is asking. I mean, if the images are poor to begin with, he isn't selling them regardless, and the work would be inconsistent even if he was to use them. It's always nice to know what can be done with a photo, especially if you are new especially on the post processing side. Things as simple as white balance can make an enormous difference.

OP post a dropbox link to the RAW files. Why don't you post a jpeg of an image or two. Could turn it into a lightroom / photoshop contest.

Note that Photoshop is far more extensive than Lightroom. Most of my workflow is through Lightroom except for commercial / portfolio photos that I push further in Photoshop. You may want to see both versions.
[OP]
Member
Dec 27, 2005
331 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thank you will post the raw files soon
Firebot wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 2:04 pm
I don't think there is anything wrong with what the OP is asking. I mean, if the images are poor to begin with, he isn't selling them regardless, and the work would be inconsistent even if he was to use them. It's always nice to know what can be done with a photo, especially if you are new especially on the post processing side. Things as simple as white balance can make an enormous difference.

OP post a dropbox link to the RAW files. Why don't you post a jpeg of an image or two. Could turn it into a lightroom / photoshop contest.

Note that Photoshop is far more extensive than Lightroom. Most of my workflow is through Lightroom except for commercial / portfolio photos that I push further in Photoshop. You may want to see both versions.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 15, 2004
3487 posts
420 upvotes
**
robertz wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 2:45 am
Go to YouTube.com and search for Lightroom tutorials. There are a lot of them.
Yes there are. I've found that Anthony Morganti on Youtube has some very good Lightroom tips and tutorials and I've learned a lot watching his Lightroom videos.
[OP]
Member
Dec 27, 2005
331 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Here is the Link .

I'm not a professional photographer. These shots are from our recent vacation
RAW FILES
[OP]
Member
Dec 27, 2005
331 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
just posted a link

RAW FILES


Firebot wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 2:04 pm
I don't think there is anything wrong with what the OP is asking. I mean, if the images are poor to begin with, he isn't selling them regardless, and the work would be inconsistent even if he was to use them. It's always nice to know what can be done with a photo, especially if you are new especially on the post processing side. Things as simple as white balance can make an enormous difference.

OP post a dropbox link to the RAW files. Why don't you post a jpeg of an image or two. Could turn it into a lightroom / photoshop contest.

Note that Photoshop is far more extensive than Lightroom. Most of my workflow is through Lightroom except for commercial / portfolio photos that I push further in Photoshop. You may want to see both versions.
Last edited by paf on Feb 17th, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Member
Dec 27, 2005
331 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aerok wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 9:47 am
Sure thing, send me a dropbox link or something
here it is , FYI , i not a pro photographer so composition and all might not be the best . feel free to crop to make whatever you feel to make it look better

RAW FILES
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6629 posts
925 upvotes
Had some fun with the first photo (OQ8A1027), which seems to be the best of the batch for this exercise, IMHO.

Slight tuned and cropped to my taste with mostly Nik. Didn't spend too much time on the PS so is not prefect but the man was a distraction, poor kid is still there and fatherless now. Lol.

Image
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:

Top