• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2017 9:44 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 27, 2005
349 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nice work with the father. How easy is it to remove such distractions? I've never used photoshop!
hdom wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 12:23 am
Had some fun with the first photo (OQ8A1027), which seems to be the best of the batch for this exercise, IMHO.

Slight tuned and cropped to my taste with mostly Nik. Didn't spend too much time on the PS so is not prefect but the man was a distraction, poor kid is still there and fatherless now. Lol.

Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9843 posts
4227 upvotes
Southern Ontario
(I'm not a photoshop expert)

hdom wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 12:23 am
...but the man was a distraction
What man?

Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
3833 posts
1092 upvotes
Calgary
Here is my quick take on it. Cropping included

Your sky is blown out even on the raw. Basically it means that it overexposed to the point that there are no details remaining in it. I had to create a better sky using a gradient map.

Also note that Photoshop and Lightroom can only do so much. most important thing is to get an interesting image from the start. Work on your photography skills including learning about your composition , and you will find the less and less need to make it better since it is alreadsy good. You can sometimes salvage a bad picture in an ok picture, but best to get it right at the beginning
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6753 posts
973 upvotes
I was just playing around with smart object content aware fill but it didn't clone the right stuff so had to do some old school clone with stamping.

Honestly not too bad, probably a 10 minutes or so but could cut down to more if I am better at it. Learned it all by watching youtube videos by Adobe.

Ex. of Content Aware Fill - https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-t ... aware.html
paf wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 10:33 am
Nice work with the father. How easy is it to remove such distractions? I've never used photoshop!
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Dec 27, 2005
349 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
definitely - didn't really look fro the sky when i looked at it in the camera but good pointer
Firebot wrote:
Feb 18th, 2017 6:43 pm
Here is my quick take on it. Cropping included

Your sky is blown out even on the raw. Basically it means that it overexposed to the point that there are no details remaining in it. I had to create a better sky using a gradient map.

Also note that Photoshop and Lightroom can only do so much. most important thing is to get an interesting image from the start. Work on your photography skills including learning about your composition , and you will find the less and less need to make it better since it is alreadsy good. You can sometimes salvage a bad picture in an ok picture, but best to get it right at the beginning
Jul 23, 2009
90 posts
13 upvotes
Your profile is saying you're in Toronto; there are lots of great tutorials on post processing and editing on lynda.com and you gain free access with a Toronto Library membership.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3318 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
It's better to underexposed in digital and overexposed in film. If you learn about the capabilities of Lightroom, it would teach you how you should or shouldn't shoot your photos technically.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2159 posts
372 upvotes
Guelph
As per request from the couple I shot, here's a before/after slider on my blog of an image I did for them.

https://macreo.com/sharknado-wedding/

Photoshop and Lightroom.
Macreo Photography
Weddings | Commercial | Events | 360° Virtuals