Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2017 5:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5648 posts
681 upvotes
Mississauga

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

I'm tired of going to the same restaurants and was wondering if anything interesting has opened up lately in the area?
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
1140 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3052 posts
988 upvotes
Raggie wrote:
Apr 10th, 2011 10:58 am
I'm tired of going to the same restaurants and was wondering if anything interesting has opened up lately in the area?
Spoon & Fork is now open in Etobicoke along the Queensway, near where the Mandarin restaurant is located. Haven't tried it yet.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5648 posts
681 upvotes
Mississauga
I have! Check out my review on my blog! :)
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16444 posts
1545 upvotes
GTA West
Nader's Middle Eastern restaurant has just opened near Mavis and Burnhamthorpe. It's in the Staples / SDM plaza on Confederation Parkway.
I head it's expensive, though.
Raggie wrote:
Apr 10th, 2011 4:02 pm
I have! Check out my review on my blog! :)

Wait, is your name Raggie or Reggie? :confused:
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
3639 posts
253 upvotes
Scarborough
Not really a restaurant, but this place opened up a few months ago. Best panini I've ever had. Only opened M-F 9-5 though since they're in the middle of commercial district, but if you work close by you should check it out.

http://www.pane-vino.ca/contact.html
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5648 posts
681 upvotes
Mississauga
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Apr 10th, 2011 4:21 pm
Nader's Middle Eastern restaurant has just opened near Mavis and Burnhamthorpe.
I head it's expensive, though.

Wait, is your name Raggie or Reggie? :confused:

I reviewed Naders on my blog already as well!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16444 posts
1545 upvotes
GTA West
Raggie wrote:
Apr 10th, 2011 4:24 pm
I reviewed Naders on my blog already as well!

Strange, I don't see the article. :confused:

Edit: OK, the review is from February? I did not look that far back because I thought Naders just opened recently.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5648 posts
681 upvotes
Mississauga
Its really expensive knowing I can get kebab for $9 at Kebab.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1326 posts
44 upvotes
Mississauga
I drove past today and there were signs for a Fionn MacCool's in Clarkson Crossing!
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12208 posts
102 upvotes
I have very few favourite sushi places here, and you should review them since their both in the west end.

Sushi-Ya Japan on Dixon, near the Shell Station.

and Masamune on Dixie/Eglinton. Masamune has a pretty extensive Korean menu as well.

Let me know what you think.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5648 posts
681 upvotes
Mississauga
Hey thanks for the sushi restaurants. I always want to know what other really good places are around. I'll give these a try. Masamune looks nice.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5648 posts
681 upvotes
Mississauga
taylyn wrote:
Apr 10th, 2011 4:43 pm
I drove past today and there were signs for a Fionn MacCool's in Clarkson Crossing!
I didn't see anything on the website but I think I'll drive out there some day and check it out.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
2088 posts
17 upvotes
I just tried out this new Turkish pizza (pide) place on Dundas near Kipling subway station. Its called Turkish Kitchen. They also have a selection of Doners aka Shawarmas. Its right next to Subway Sandwiches/Popeyes Chicken and in a small plaza with a Thai place and an adult video store on the north side of dundas. I haven't seen many Pide places in the west end and usually have them if I'm in the east end of the city like in the Danforth.
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12208 posts
102 upvotes
dell wrote:
Apr 10th, 2011 8:26 pm
I just tried out this new Turkish pizza (pide) place on Dundas near Kipling subway station. Its called Turkish Kitchen. They also have a selection of Doners aka Shawarmas. Its right next to Subway Sandwiches/Popeyes Chicken and in a small plaza with a Thai place and an adult video store on the north side of dundas. I haven't seen many Pide places in the west end and usually have them if I'm in the east end of the city like in the Danforth.

Oh awesome, thanks. I didn't know a Turkish place opened up there.

I live close by, so i might check it out tomorrow.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9352 posts
673 upvotes
dell wrote:
Apr 10th, 2011 8:26 pm

This is what it used to be. I dunno if I want to eat in there:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF8&q=ki ... 83,,2,3.43

BTW, I always laughed at the sign on the right. They must have has some sort of spat with Popeye's to put up a sign right in front of their's. :lol:
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel