Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 4:15 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1410 posts
89 upvotes
Mississauga
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16976 posts
1859 upvotes
GTA West
sabesh wrote:
Aug 9th, 2015 10:22 pm
Seeing a write-up in Insauga, I decided to try out the Sindhi Indian Street Food Restaurant. It was the restaurant's opening day today. However, food and service were excellent. I haven't had this type of food before, so it was a fun experience. Dishes are cheap and come in decent-sized portions. There were 4 of us and we shared everything. We will be going back for sure.
Thanks I was wondering when this place would be opening. Great photos! I'll have to give it a try.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16976 posts
1859 upvotes
GTA West
I visited Mesh Peri Peri recently and it was a very good experience. I had the double kebab (chicken and beef) with salad.

Definitely the highlight was the beef kebab, which was extremely delicious with very lively and strong spices. I want to go back and eat the beef burger, which is made out of the same type of beef.

Portions are very good. My mom got the chicken with "half size" rice and it was still very large.

The only other similar place I have seen in Mississauga is "Galitos Flame Grilled Chicken" in the T&T Plaza, however, I found that Galitos is far too "white" in its offerings. Not enough flavour and spice.
- Casual Gastronomist -
Aug 19, 2008
464 posts
168 upvotes
sabesh wrote:
Aug 9th, 2015 10:22 pm
Seeing a write-up in Insauga, I decided to try out the Sindhi Indian Street Food Restaurant. It was the restaurant's opening day today. However, food and service were excellent. I haven't had this type of food before, so it was a fun experience. Dishes are cheap and come in decent-sized portions. There were 4 of us and we shared everything. We will be going back for sure.
Nice pictures. Looks like you tried every dish on the menu LOL
Good crowd on opening day?
Dec 28, 2010
338 posts
31 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Lazeez has opened up a new location in Mississauga near Tenth Line and Thomas Street.
Was checking out the Zaffron restaurant next door, when I saw the old guy owner unloading stuff from his van. So same management team.
Zaffron is not bad either by the way....they have a good breakfast buffet (South East Asian/Indian/Pakistan cuisine) ...
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1410 posts
89 upvotes
Mississauga
yin5yan wrote:
Aug 11th, 2015 9:00 am
Nice pictures. Looks like you tried every dish on the menu LOL
Good crowd on opening day?
Yup, I was surprised, as it was about 1/2 full (large space). The owner and his wife kept coming over and asking if everything was OK. They seem to value customer's opinions.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16976 posts
1859 upvotes
GTA West
Thanks to Sabesh for letting us all know that this new place Sindhi Indian Street food was open.

I visited it and we had a tough time deciding what to order as there was so much we wanted to try! Overall it was a very agreeable experience both in terms of the deliciousness and spiciness of the food, and also the very attentive staff. There's no doubt we will be back!

Photos...

Gosht Dabalroti - Lamb Curry with toasted bread ($7)

Baighan Fries (Eggplant) ($5)

Pau Bajhi - Mashed Vegetables, Green Leaves, Mint ($6)
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17667 posts
791 upvotes
Brampton
They got any good chicken dishes?
Discord: ZAvMRrc
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6087 posts
905 upvotes
Mississauga
Sugar Marmalade which almost next to Chatime and has been open a couple of months, serves some nice Taiwanese desserts and inexpensive meals. The problem is they are always out of items on their menu.

[IMG]https://reggiethefoodcritic.wordpress.c ... rand=17765[/IMG]
[IMG]https://reggiethefoodcritic.wordpress.c ... rand=81033[/IMG]
[IMG]https://reggiethefoodcritic.wordpress.c ... rand=94098[/IMG]
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6087 posts
905 upvotes
Mississauga
I also saw a Wingery at Southdown/Lakeshore next to Fionn Mccool (which is great BTW). Wondering if Wingery is any good.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16976 posts
1859 upvotes
GTA West
Visited Sindhi Indian Street food again... this place is an undiscovered gem IMO.

I have to say, the Tandoori Fish is a massive WIN. So perfectly cooked, beautifully spiced, but not overspiced so you can still taste the fish itself.

Chicken Tikka on Naan:
You can't really see it in the photo but the portion of chicken is quite generous... it's piled on top of itself.

Tandoori Fish:
This was an amazing dish. I want to get it again!
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1410 posts
89 upvotes
Mississauga
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Aug 13th, 2015 11:14 pm
Visited Sindhi Indian Street food again... this place is an undiscovered gem IMO.

I have to say, the Tandoori Fish is a massive WIN. So perfectly cooked, beautifully spiced, but not overspiced so you can still taste the fish itself.
Oooh, thx for the pics! I must visit again to try out Gosht Dabalroti & Tandoori Fish. They look good!
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1410 posts
89 upvotes
Mississauga
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Aug 10th, 2015 3:17 pm
I visited Mesh Peri Peri recently and it was a very good experience. I had the double kebab (chicken and beef) with salad.

Definitely the highlight was the beef kebab, which was extremely delicious with very lively and strong spices. I want to go back and eat the beef burger, which is made out of the same type of beef.

Portions are very good. My mom got the chicken with "half size" rice and it was still very large.

The only other similar place I have seen in Mississauga is "Galitos Flame Grilled Chicken" in the T&T Plaza, however, I found that Galitos is far too "white" in its offerings. Not enough flavour and spice.
Agreed with your assessment of both places. I sometimes purchase the Mesh sauces to use at home too. Portions sizes and flavour are great and I love the spacious seating too.
Aug 13, 2015
1 posts
Mississauga, ON
The owner of Basil Box is the son of the president of the Mandarin Restaurant franchise who started the whole family-owned corporation so I'm sure Mandarin has some ownership rights to Basil Box and is making some money off it. I refuse to eat there as I used to work at Mandarin and realized how crappy they were treating their hard-working employees. They paint this image that they are a great corporation who care about their employees but pay them a very low salary when compared to the number of hours these people work. But they get away with it because most of these employees are immigrants from China with poor English and thus very few other job opportunities. Also explains why the company is already opening a full sized restaurant soon in Toronto...of course, because it's daddy's money.
Penalty Box
Oct 26, 2007
887 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Aug 13th, 2015 11:14 pm

Chicken Tikka on Naan:
You can't really see it in the photo but the portion of chicken is quite generous... it's piled on top of itself.

Tandoori Fish:
This was an amazing dish. I want to get it again!
Drive past this new plaza almost every day.

No other store is open in this plaza yet but there's always about 15 cars in the lot. It's noticeable cuz there's no other cars.
[removed]
A guide for the everymans guide to investments