Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2017 11:30 am
Jul 20, 2012
489 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Not really a new restaurant but we tried Nando's on North Queen. I've never been but I really liked it.
On another note it looks like Sliders has closed.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9755 posts
846 upvotes
Brian71 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2016 1:55 pm
Not really a new restaurant but we tried Nando's on North Queen. I've never been but I really liked it.
On another note it looks like Sliders has closed.
I stopped going to Sliders ever since they jacked up their prices. Sad to see it go. It was one of the better burger places.
Penalty Box
Oct 26, 2007
887 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Phillipino giant JolieBee is officially coming to Sauga. Part of the Seafood city grocery store in heartland.
[removed]
A guide for the everymans guide to investments
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4202 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
rammingman wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 3:03 am
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Phillipino giant JolieBee is officially coming to Sauga. Part of the Seafood city grocery store in heartland.
because it's not opening till spring? lol
Sep 11, 2012
120 posts
24 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
one of the best for freshness and value is Watan Kebob Afghan at hurontario and matheson in the mandarin buffet plaza.
Jan 2, 2009
221 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Lots of good recommendations here. I just wish there was a way for the 1st post to include an updated list with all the suggested restaurants, rather than having to read through 73 pages.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5993 posts
875 upvotes
Mississauga
07Ex wrote:
Dec 5th, 2016 5:46 pm
Lots of good recommendations here. I just wish there was a way for the 1st post to include an updated list with all the suggested restaurants, rather than having to read through 73 pages.
You can always read my blog for Mississauga restaurants . (Sorry I can't share the url... RFD rules.)
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5993 posts
875 upvotes
Mississauga
Thai Experts at Grand Park. it's not good tho. Fast food Thai, not that cheap, understaffed, and food sloppily cooked.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1409 posts
89 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote:
Dec 6th, 2016 10:34 pm
Thai Experts at Grand Park. it's not good tho. Fast food Thai, not that cheap, understaffed, and food sloppily cooked.
Also, not much meat in the meat dishes.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3228 posts
659 upvotes
Mississauga
m77m77 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2016 3:26 pm
one of the best for freshness and value is Watan Kebob Afghan at hurontario and matheson in the mandarin buffet plaza.
Best value food in Mississauga no doubt about it. The meat dishes are SUPERB. Barg kabob, beef tikka, chaplee. Tandoori chicken breast and regular chicken breast are also really good. Naan is amazing when fresh and hot.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Apr 26, 2013
937 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
ar2020 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2016 9:37 am
Best value food in Mississauga no doubt about it. The meat dishes are SUPERB. Barg kabob, beef tikka, chaplee. Tandoori chicken breast and regular chicken breast are also really good. Naan is amazing when fresh and hot.
I have to agree it is very good, but for some reason I prefer Bamiyan Kabob especially for the Barg.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3228 posts
659 upvotes
Mississauga
WMPCOT wrote:
Dec 9th, 2016 2:17 pm
I have to agree it is very good, but for some reason I prefer Bamiyan Kabob especially for the Barg.
I haven't tried Bamiyan's Barg. I do love Watan's chaplee and no other place makes chaplee as good IMO.

Bamiyan's chicken breast is better though IMO as it's more tender.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Apr 26, 2013
937 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
ar2020 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2016 3:06 pm
I haven't tried Bamiyan's Barg. I do love Watan's chaplee and no other place makes chaplee as good IMO.

Bamiyan's chicken breast is better though IMO as it's more tender.
I will have to try the chaplee next time I am there, for the most part I am a Kofta and Barg (Sultani) kind of guy lol.

Have you tried the new place at Hurontario and Dundas? I think it is named Chapli Kabob.