Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2017 10:18 am
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
2933 posts
427 upvotes
Mississauga
WMPCOT wrote:
Dec 9th, 2016 8:33 pm
I will have to try the chaplee next time I am there, for the most part I am a Kofta and Barg (Sultani) kind of guy lol.

Have you tried the new place at Hurontario and Dundas? I think it is named Chapli Kabob.
Yep I've tried it 2 times. The first time I got chicken breast and it was pretty good though not Bamiyan good. It was similar style to Kandahar.

The next time I got chaplee as it's in their name and I hated their take on chaplee. Dry and also not a fan of putting red onions and corridor on top of chaplee. I didn't even finish the meal and haven't been back since.

I love getting sultani at Watan and replacing the kofta for chaplee ($0.50 charge). It's my go to.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4033 posts
355 upvotes
Mississauga
ar2020 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2016 8:41 pm
Yep I've tried it 2 times. The first time I got chicken breast and it was pretty good though not Bamiyan good. It was similar style to Kandahar.

The next time I got chaplee as it's in their name and I hated their take on chaplee. Dry and also not a fan of putting red onions and corridor on top of chaplee. I didn't even finish the meal and haven't been back since.

I love getting sultani at Watan and replacing the kofta for chaplee ($0.50 charge). It's my go to.
i like watan for the items that other afghani places don't have.... the fish items, lamb shank,....
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16550 posts
1608 upvotes
GTA West
That place "Spin Dessert Cafe" in City Centre has been taken over by a new restaurant now, FYI.

The new place is called Bliss Dessert Cafe & Bistro and I'm not sure if it's a re-name or a totally new place.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
2933 posts
427 upvotes
Mississauga
Ducky wrote:
Dec 11th, 2016 11:08 pm
i like watan for the items that other afghani places don't have.... the fish items, lamb shank,....
I wish they came out with a lamb kofta at Watan.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5734 posts
732 upvotes
Mississauga
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Dec 11th, 2016 11:10 pm
That place "Spin Dessert Cafe" in City Centre has been taken over by a new restaurant now, FYI.

The new place is called Bliss Dessert Cafe & Bistro and I'm not sure if it's a re-name or a totally new place.
It's been there for a while as Bliss.

DunknDip (that has a location on Lakeshore) opened not too long ago on Burnhamthorpe.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Jan 11, 2010
385 posts
18 upvotes
https://www.insauga.com/major-korean-fr ... ississauga

tried out Nuri village today. i will say interms of korean dishes, I really only have owl to compare to unless u count grill houses.

the interior and set up was very cozy and warm, looked like a place you could take a date out to. the cutlery/glassware felt polished and fancy. the menu seemed pretty similiar to owl.

i got the bulgogi and my gf got pork bone soup. first thing I noticed was the meat portions. interms of meat, I noticed alot more compared to the same dishes at owl. that was one of the things bugging me about owl recently, i seemed to be getting less and less meat portions in the dishes. the meal was also definitely less oily! even though I frequent owl alot, sometimes after meals my stomach feels funny which Id guess would be from all the oil. the taste was fair, perhaps ive gotten to used to the super oily dishes at owl. prices were also very similiar.

ive never ordered the pork bone soup myself to really compare to but i tried a bit of it here and the meat was fall of the bone tender.

tldr: decent quality, polished interior and experience. compared to owl- bigger meat portions, far less oily-> milder flavour than owl but also less chance for stomach aches.
Jan 2, 2009
189 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote:
Dec 6th, 2016 10:12 pm
You can always read my blog for Mississauga restaurants . (Sorry I can't share the url... RFD rules.)
No worries, I found the URL and reading as we speak. Must say that your reviews are really detailed. Love the fact that you're talking about the food, service, as well as location. Very nice!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5734 posts
732 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm glad you found it useful.
Penalty Box
Oct 26, 2007
878 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Liyuan hot pot is now open at 4040 Creditview road

Another hot pot place in sauga finally!
[removed]
A guide for the everymans guide to investments
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5734 posts
732 upvotes
Mississauga
Tim Hortons finally open at Confederation and Central Parkway. It's a bit awkward getting in and out of Timmie's. Basically have to drive all thru the plaza.to get to it. Maybe they'll fix it up. I have a feeling there's going to be congestion at the plaza...
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2006
1982 posts
5 upvotes
Home
Desi Spice at hwy 27/Finch - next to the BK/ - decent food and many decisions to choose from. I believe when they first opened it was $10/Lunch AYCE and now lunch is the same or a dollar higher and Dinner is $13.99 AYCE - Good value
Also Drupati's has opened there but they have been closed for a week now
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1408 posts
89 upvotes
Mississauga
Last night, I tried out the new middle eastern restaurant @ Winston Churchill / Laird: East Tea Can.

This place differentiates itself from other middle eastern restaurants in Mississauga by offering some unique menu items. Food is average at best, with Iraqi Kebabs being the only outstanding dish. Halloumi cheese and Labneh balls were overly salty. Dips were bland. Kibbeh and the nested chicken appetizers were bland. Manakeesh is average. Beef tikka kebab was too tough. Beef Shawarma and Shish Tawouk were good. Iraqi kabab was very good. Service was average. The manager came over to ask how the food was, but was only interested in hearing positive things. He kept defending the overly salty cheese and Labneh. Tip: If you decide to visit, just get the Iraqi Kebabs and Beef / Chicken Shawarma. Phone camera shots:

Arabic coffee:

Interior:

Dips platter (flowers are edible):

Bread:

Chicken (I forget the name of this dish):

Kibbeh:

Halloumi cheese:

Labneh:

Beef Manakeesh:

Iraqi Kebabs (delicious):

Beef Tikka:

Shish Tawouk:

Beef Shawarma (Good):
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5734 posts
732 upvotes
Mississauga
The dips look nicely presented. I thought they were drinks. The last item looks neat with the way the meat is served at the table.
Feb 26, 2009
700 posts
97 upvotes
While at Sherway, sat that Union Chicken will be opening in Feb 2017.

Not really getting too excited about their rotisserie chicken. However, it looks like they will be serving fried chicken!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel