Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2017 12:47 am
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9564 posts
758 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Oct 30th, 2014 5:15 pm
New pizza place near six points area (Kipling station) in Etobicoke called Napolitan Pizza. http://napolitanpizza.com

It's a takeout & cash only place and the guy who runs it is very enthusiastic. Seems like he has a real passion for the business. He has a brick oven (but it looks like any other pizza oven). The crust did taste pretty good. I liked the sauce. Cheese was good too. Toppings were so-so. I wish he had better selection and higher quality of toppings.

I feel this place has potential. This place only opened up 2 weeks ago, so hopefully better topping options are on the way.

14" is $15, 16" is $20. Toppings are only $1 each. Taxes are included.
3rd time I'm posting about this place, but it's my go-to pizza place and it finally re-opened in a new location next to South St Burger Co on Islington and Titan Rd in Etobicoke. Prices are mostly the same, the only difference I noticed is toppings are now $2 instead of $1.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2624 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
sabesh wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 3:37 am
Last night, I tried out the new middle eastern restaurant @ Winston Churchill / Laird: East Tea Can.

This place differentiates itself from other middle eastern restaurants in Mississauga by offering some unique menu items. Food is average at best, with Iraqi Kebabs being the only outstanding dish. Halloumi cheese and Labneh balls were overly salty. Dips were bland. Kibbeh and the nested chicken appetizers were bland. Manakeesh is average. Beef tikka kebab was too tough. Beef Shawarma and Shish Tawouk were good. Iraqi kabab was very good. Service was average. The manager came over to ask how the food was, but was only interested in hearing positive things. He kept defending the overly salty cheese and Labneh. Tip: If you decide to visit, just get the Iraqi Kebabs and Beef / Chicken Shawarma. Phone camera shots:

Arabic coffee:

Interior:

Dips platter (flowers are edible):

Bread:

Chicken (I forget the name of this dish):

Kibbeh:

Halloumi cheese:

Labneh:

Beef Manakeesh:

Iraqi Kebabs (delicious):

Beef Tikka:

Shish Tawouk:

Beef Shawarma (Good):
looks delish as hell.
but iam sure its super pricey like the usual middle eastern take out places who charge $10 for rice, pita and salad and put some meat in it as a side.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
2973 posts
279 upvotes
Mississauga
Went to the Jamie Oliver Restaurant inside Square One, sorta over hyped the Appetizer was not bad however the pizza was bland and without much taste.
Feb 29, 2016
174 posts
50 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 8:54 pm
3rd time I'm posting about this place, but it's my go-to pizza place and it finally re-opened in a new location next to South St Burger Co on Islington and Titan Rd in Etobicoke. Prices are mostly the same, the only difference I noticed is toppings are now $2 instead of $1.
We have been twice. The pizza is very good, not San Remo good (IMO) but not far off. A bit more expensive than the chains and no other food options at this time. I was a bit pissed though when we asked for hot peppers and instead of telling us he didn't have any left, he drizzled some hot sauce on top and tried to tell us this is better. Ummm, no, it wasn't.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9564 posts
758 upvotes
OffGridGuy wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 5:10 pm
We have been twice. The pizza is very good, not San Remo good (IMO) but not far off. A bit more expensive than the chains and no other food options at this time. I was a bit pissed though when we asked for hot peppers and instead of telling us he didn't have any left, he drizzled some hot sauce on top and tried to tell us this is better. Ummm, no, it wasn't.
Sanremo does pizza? Barkery (in Etobicoke) or are you referring to city in Italy?

Yeah, he shouldn't have done that. He's still somewhat green as this is his first business.

He's a little wacky. Maybe I little too passionate about pizza. Also he's got something against chicken on pizza.
Feb 29, 2016
174 posts
50 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 10:33 am
Sanremo does pizza? Barkery (in Etobicoke) or are you referring to city in Italy?
Yes, the one in Etobicoke. That place is my second home lol and yes they most certainly do pizza! It is lights out.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1408 posts
89 upvotes
Mississauga
doonboy wrote:
Nov 4th, 2016 3:49 pm
Rick's Good Eats on Kennedy north of Courtney Park. Fusion Indo-canadian food. Like Jerk chicken or Dosa Samosas. Plus a lot more. Samosas are quite good though a bit on the expensive side. He is the guy who won the Loblaws contest with butter chicken lasagna.

He also has cheesecake samosas.
Nice, looks like Yelpers love this spot:

http://globalnews.ca/news/3186386/best- ... p-reviews/
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9564 posts
758 upvotes
OffGridGuy wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 12:01 pm
Yes, the one in Etobicoke. That place is my second home lol and yes they most certainly do pizza! It is lights out.
I'm gonna have to check it out. I guess I didn't notice it because when I go to Samremo, I typically have a one track mind looking for bread and treats.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5864 posts
791 upvotes
Mississauga
A new eatery just opened up at Courtney Park & Hurontario, called Mihito Sushi Laboratory (owned by Spoon & Fork). Same concept as Corner, serving poke bowls and sushi tacos.

My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3017 posts
504 upvotes
Mississauga
Finally Papa Johns is coming to Mississauga! Saw the sign at the Eglinton and Confederation plaza.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4087 posts
388 upvotes
Mississauga
ar2020 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2017 4:36 pm
Finally Papa Johns is coming to Mississauga! Saw the sign at the Eglinton and Confederation plaza.
the pizza joint?
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3017 posts
504 upvotes
Mississauga
Ducky wrote:
Jan 28th, 2017 9:41 pm
the pizza joint?
Yep, I mean it's a chain but once in a while it's okay. I've only tried it once.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4087 posts
388 upvotes
Mississauga
ar2020 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2017 10:14 pm
Yep, I mean it's a chain but once in a while it's okay. I've only tried it once.
never tried before... but will...thx