Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 1:14 am
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3286 posts
1133 upvotes
Occasionally when I feel like breakfast outside, I go to Corner by Spoon and Fork. Two eggs, bacon, ham or sausage and toast sets me back $4.99. The coffee's free but I find it on the bitter side. If I want a decent coffee I'll go to Tavora just down the street.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tried to get into Nader's last week but a sign posted on the door said they were undergoing renovation. Hope they do open again. Although only go maybe a couple of times a year, like their middle eastern food.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1692 posts
36 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jun 4th, 2017 3:17 pm
Looks like there's a new Middle Eastern place taking over Big Butcher Barbeque (Kipling and Advance). That area is nothing, but European and burrito joints. It'll be interesting if it's any good and if it can last.
I live in the area, and never ate at the BBQ place. If I were to hit up BBQ there, I would do Appalachia (Islington and Queensway) or Royal Meats (Kipling and north queen?)

Agreed that there are tons of burrito places there :?
Looking for an educational source to help pass your G1 written driving test? Check out DrivingTests101.com
It helped me pass my test and had a lot of great resources!
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9893 posts
916 upvotes
Blazin_Sunfire wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 10:36 am
I live in the area, and never ate at the BBQ place. If I were to hit up BBQ there, I would do Appalachia (Islington and Queensway) or Royal Meats (Kipling and north queen?)

Agreed that there are tons of burrito places there :?
Big Butcher Barbeque was like Royal Meats. Eastern European style burgers (beef/pork). Nothing special.

The new place is called: Mez Gouf. https://mezgouf.ca/

There's nothing on the website though and still remains unopened. They really should get rid of the blacked out windows. From the outside, that place looks closed all the time.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1692 posts
36 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 10:59 am
Big Butcher Barbeque was like Royal Meats. Eastern European style burgers (beef/pork). Nothing special.

The new place is called: Mez Gouf. https://mezgouf.ca/

There's nothing on the website though and still remains unopened. They really should get rid of the blacked out windows. From the outside, that place looks closed all the time.
You know where the coffee time was? (just before the bridge on kipling, north of Mez Gouf) there's now a deli-like place. But they have large blinds or something. So bad for business. You can hardly tell if they are open.
Looking for an educational source to help pass your G1 written driving test? Check out DrivingTests101.com
It helped me pass my test and had a lot of great resources!
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9893 posts
916 upvotes
Tried Mez Gouf last night. I only saw the take out section and well visually it looks like a hole in the wall. This is weird seeing that the restaurant got a big face lift when it was Gourmet Burger Co roughly 3-4 years ago. I guess they never bothered with that part of the restaurant. The menu was very limited. 4-5 sandwich choices and a few sides. Sandwich was $8 or $12 in a combo (fries and a small drink). There were pictures of rice dishes, but communicating with the employee was too difficult to get any answers. The portions are small. Meat tasted like it was sitting there all day and the bread was stale. There was more than you typical selection of toppings, but still seemed limited. For example, There's cabbage and cabbage with some herbs. Carrots and carrots with some herbs.

Bottom line: Terrible decor, small portions, high cost, and mediocre food. If the restaurant is as half-assed like their takeout, this place will fail fast.
Feb 29, 2016
215 posts
62 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 10:19 am
Bottom line: Terrible decor, small portions, high cost, and mediocre food. If the restaurant is as half-assed like their takeout, this place will fail fast.
They are doomed. Like the many that came before it. I dropped by the bakery near there and it was meh at best. Back to San Remo.
Jul 20, 2012
496 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but The Captain's Boil has opened a location across from Sherway Garden.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6115 posts
930 upvotes
Mississauga
Brian71 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 8:40 pm
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but The Captain's Boil has opened a location across from Sherway Garden.
I've been there. Wasn't anything special. They can't accommodate simple requests as in no sauce. LA Boil is more accommodating in that sense.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1191 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know what's going on with the Congee place in Heartland? Says summer but is almost over. Last time I drove by it was just empty.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2753 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
went to "Aunty's Kitchen" at erimills and britannia. I think this place is relatively new.

friendly service.

food was not bad. Each main entry comes with free unlimited naan and they are not cheap about it. It was relatively busy on a weekday night but still no problem finding the seat and service was reasonably fast.
Jun 20, 2015
5 posts
Etobicoke, ON
Try Roma Zaman Syrian place near Nader grill in Mississauga it's really good amazing interior. Captain Boil also great place to go near she ready gardens or LA boil same type of sea food it's near Winston Churchill dundas
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2753 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Middle Eastern places are mushrooming these days,
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10165 posts
589 upvotes
This is probably old news to you guys but I went to find a bakery called BNC Bakery in Mississauga, its a really good (best IMO) korean bakery. Was surprised to find a brand new PAT supermarket and many other korean restaurants in the area. Wife and I go up to Galleria pretty often and even though we live pretty close to Christie koreatown, will rather trek out to Mississauga when we have time. Christie koreatown is pretty lacking.

Anyone favor any of the restaurants there? might go try Mandoo Hyung tonight.