Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 1:14 am
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9893 posts
916 upvotes
slowtyper wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 1:56 pm
This is probably old news to you guys but I went to find a bakery called BNC Bakery in Mississauga, its a really good (best IMO) korean bakery. Was surprised to find a brand new PAT supermarket and many other korean restaurants in the area. Wife and I go up to Galleria pretty often and even though we live pretty close to Christie koreatown, will rather trek out to Mississauga when we have time. Christie koreatown is pretty lacking.

Anyone favor any of the restaurants there? might go try Mandoo Hyung tonight.
That PAT isn't new... In fact it was the first PAT Supermarket. My family have has been going there for as long as I can remember. They used to be located in the same plaza as BNC Bakery. They expanded from a small store front to taking up all the north units in the plaza and then finally moving into the building they are in. Now opened up more space.

Mandoo Hyung is pretty good. I don't know where all the new good Korean spots are anymore. Some of my secret spots closed down. Like in the same plaza as Mandoo Hyung, was a Korean owned Sushi place where the chef/owner trained in Japan for 20 years. Everything was so good and fresh... and cheap! Much more traditional offerings, but great at what they did. Maybe I shouldn't have kept it such a secret.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10165 posts
589 upvotes
Interesting thanks, I just assumed it was new because its a brand new building. Much nicer than all the other PAT's which are kind of dumpy. My wife was very happy there, says it feels like korea.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6115 posts
930 upvotes
Mississauga
New Asian fusion restaurant called DINE & CHILL on Burnhamthorpe where Spring Rolls used to be. Their soft opening started this week and I hear the food is quite good.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6115 posts
930 upvotes
Mississauga
I just went to the soft opening of Dine and Chill (where Spring Rolls was) and thought it was quite good for a brand new restaurant. I had nigiri sushi and it was mouthing melting fresh. The restaurant offers interesting choices other than asian food, such as steak and lamb shank. Plus there was aburi sushi, and ramen and sandwiches, etc. on the menu. Also, the restaurant looks modern and spacious.

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 26th, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported/self promotion removed
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4230 posts
437 upvotes
Mississauga
jerk & bbq haven

located in same plaza as papa john pizza, pita & grill express, etc...

ordered jerk pork and jerk chicken dinner...

jerk chicken... the default spice level of the flavour is too spicy for me... chicken is also abit dry

jerk pork with oxtail gravy... the default spice level is too spicy... this is also very salty...

i couldn't tell the diff between oxtail gravy and jerk sauce at this place....

so this place is good if you like it spicy...

i will go back to my portland in Brampton...
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1048 posts
209 upvotes
I've been curious about trying something other than the usual Chinese restaurants recently. The usual being Chi's, Emerald, Bliss, Golden Fountain and yes, Tremendous.

Any suggestions? I'm open to all types (dim sum, noodles, bbq, seafood, whatever). Macey's? Perfect Kitchen? Silk Road?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4230 posts
437 upvotes
Mississauga
13inches wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 11:52 am
I've been curious about trying something other than the usual Chinese restaurants recently. The usual being Chi's, Emerald, Bliss, Golden Fountain and yes, Tremendous.

Any suggestions? I'm open to all types (dim sum, noodles, bbq, seafood, whatever). Macey's? Perfect Kitchen? Silk Road?
bashu... they have some northern type of Chinese food...

lion city.....singapore,malay,etc

chiu chow man.... good satay noodles

from the ones you named, i only go bliss and chi's... the rest i don't like...
Last edited by Ducky on Aug 31st, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10210 posts
747 upvotes
Mississauga
13inches wrote:

I've eaten at Perfect Kitchen and enjoyed my meal. I know a lot of people on Yelp really praise Silk Road, so yeah, that would be worth checking out. I drove past it last week. It's in a rather forlorn looking plaza, but sometimes that's where the gems are.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6115 posts
930 upvotes
Mississauga
13inches wrote:

Used to be called Happy Jade, now it's called something else. But it's located at Dixie and Dundas near the Service Ontario is. Go for dim sum. BBQ meat is very good.

Also, Dine and Chill mentioned in my earlier post is new and very nice.
Penalty Box
Oct 26, 2007
887 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Seafood City is officially opening on Sept 28 which means jolieebee and congee queen may be open also?
[removed]
A guide for the everymans guide to investments
May 23, 2017
335 posts
101 upvotes
rammingman wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 10:38 pm
Seafood City is officially opening on Sept 28 which means jolieebee and congee queen may be open also?
OH MAN OH MAN, my Fiancee will be happy! just checked the website, it says that jolibee is opening a few weeks after.
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3018 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga
I went to Dine and Chill few weeks ago, during soft opening, was a little disappointing in terms of menu and service, hopefully once they fully open the experience will be better.
Jan 11, 2010
438 posts
44 upvotes
13inches wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised with my experience at Red Lotus(creditview plaza). Very lowkey storefront but food was delicious.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6115 posts
930 upvotes
Mississauga
olek86 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 2:36 pm
I went to Dine and Chill few weeks ago, during soft opening, was a little disappointing in terms of menu and service, hopefully once they fully open the experience will be better.
Yeah, their menu is very limited. Their sushi is great though. I hope they offer more when they officially opened.