Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 1:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5267 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga
slowtyper wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 1:56 pm
Anyone favor any of the restaurants there? might go try Mandoo Hyung tonight.
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 4:14 pm
Mandoo Hyung is pretty good.
Oh man, thank goodness they have/had 2 locations. I was sad when the North York location closed a few years ago and have been trying to find a place to replace it. Glad I don't live far from the Mississauga location.

I know where I'm going for dinner tonight!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6115 posts
930 upvotes
Mississauga
Eva's Chimney Cones is open at Square One!
Love Me Sweet Japanese Cheesecake will be opening soon in the same unit as Eva's.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2004
9639 posts
810 upvotes
Brampton
Raggie wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 8:05 pm
Eva's Chimney Cones is open at Square One!
Love Me Sweet Japanese Cheesecake will be opening soon in the same unit as Eva's.
Where in square one?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 199 and counting. RFD Feedback 50-0-0 and counting.
May 17, 2003
711 posts
644 upvotes
Mississauga
squall458 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 10:23 am
Where in square one?
Beside Simons/SportChek
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17021 posts
1879 upvotes
GTA West
Ducky wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 11:59 am
bashu... they have some northern type of Chinese food...

lion city.....singapore,malay,etc

chiu chow man.... good satay noodles

from the ones you named, i only go bliss and chi's... the rest i don't like...
Bashu, it's very difficult to communicate with them if you don't speak Mandarin. But one of my co-workers from China swears by this place. The mapu tofu is amazing. I also love their cumin lamb.

Chiu Chow Man, IMO this place went way downhill a few years ago. Has this changed?
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Oct 2nd, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4230 posts
437 upvotes
Mississauga
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 3:25 pm
Bashu, it's very difficult to communicate with them if you don't speak Mandarin. But one is my co-workers from China swears by this place. The mapu tofu is amazing. I also love their cumin lamb.

Chiu Chow Man, IMO this place went way downhill a few years ago. Has this changed?
i am neutral with bashu... there are dishes that's decent and ones that are bad....i recall they do have good fried rice...lol

chiu chow man...i rarely go... if i do, it's just for the satay ho fun....
May 23, 2017
335 posts
101 upvotes
anyone know the best AYCE sushi in etobicoke or Mississauga? I usually go to K&B Sushi, but I wasn't too impressed last time.
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2407 posts
42 upvotes
I head to KK Sushi up on Dixie and Eglinton in Mississauga. I also go to Sushi Hour in Oakville. 168 Sushi by Erin Mills and Dundas is also good.
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 12:02 pm
anyone know the best AYCE sushi in etobicoke or Mississauga? I usually go to K&B Sushi, but I wasn't too impressed last time.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3018 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga
went to place on Sunday, amazing starter Nachos and good pork Tacos as well, environment friendly and easy going, highly recommend.
http://www.bordermx.ca/
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6115 posts
930 upvotes
Mississauga
olek86 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 6:35 pm
went to place on Sunday, amazing starter Nachos and good pork Tacos as well, environment friendly and easy going, highly recommend.
http://www.bordermx.ca/
Great food. But that bad odour from the plaza drifts into the restaurant.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4819 posts
942 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 8:29 pm
Great food. But that bad odour from the plaza drifts into the restaurant.
Looks like there's a new location in Streetsville. Will have to try. The El Mariachi in Streetsville is also very good.

The best no frills, (more of a carryout joint) for tacos is Hermanos in Port Credit in my opinion. Tacos is it, nothing else, other than fresh chips and churros. Their baja fish taco is simply amazing and it's fresh and piping hot.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6115 posts
930 upvotes
Mississauga
kenchau wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 10:15 pm
Looks like there's a new location in Streetsville. Will have to try. The El Mariachi in Streetsville is also very good.

The best no frills, (more of a carryout joint) for tacos is Hermanos in Port Credit in my opinion. Tacos is it, nothing else, other than fresh chips and churros. Their baja fish taco is simply amazing and it's fresh and piping hot.
I heard about a new location in Streetsville. I'll go to that one instead of the one on Hurontario. Also, walked by Hermanos many times but never been. Never knew about the churros so need to go try it out.

El Jefe is also on Lakeshore, but the food isn't that good. Border MX is better. Also, Senor Burrito.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4819 posts
942 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 10:20 pm
I heard about a new location in Streetsville. I'll go to that one instead of the one on Hurontario. Also, walked by Hermanos many times but never been. Never knew about the churros so need to go try it out.

El Jefe is also on Lakeshore, but the food isn't that good. Border MX is better. Also, Senor Burrito.
I agree, I didn't really find the food great at El Jefe. I really loved the tacos at Hermanos and El Mariachi.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3018 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 10:20 pm

I went to the in Streetsville, the vibe was nice and very well run in terms of service.