Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 1:14 am
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3313 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have good recommendations for buffet/ayce for a group of 40 people? It will be near the end of December, much appreciated
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10210 posts
747 upvotes
Mississauga
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 11:29 pm
Holy bejebus, Heart Sushi burned down this morning!!! Face Screaming In Fear

I think it took Naan Kebab and Bombay Chopsticks with it. So sad. Crying Face
Aw man, I just had lunch at Naan & Kebab a couple weeks ago. Really nice Afghan restaurant too. There's another good Afghan restaurant just up the street by Highland Farms, but it still sucks.
Jeff146 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 8:31 am
Anyone have good recommendations for buffet/ayce for a group of 40 people? It will be near the end of December, much appreciated
As far as buffets go, I like Wok of Fame in Brampton at Hurontario, just north of the 407. It costs the same as Mandarin, but non-alcoholic drinks are included in the price and they have a cooking station where they turn your cold ingredients into a hot stir fry. It is a very large restaurant (I think it used to be a furniture store) that can accommodate large groups. I would book this asap though, as they get very busy in the holiday season with corporate events.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6115 posts
930 upvotes
Mississauga
YUN in the Grand Park plaza. They serve rice noodles soup in a shared hot pot or individual hotpots. Included are a bunch of condiments to add to your soup. Meat cost extra. The noodles are refillable. Soup base is their original, or spicy tomato base. It's not inexpensive at YUN, but I thought it was good and fun eating there.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11319 posts
1577 upvotes
Toronto
Forgive me if I'm mixing things up here, but I could have sworn that not long ago (in this thread) someone mentioned a new restaurant in a Mississauga plaza at 3355 The Collegeway.
If I am mixing this plaza up with another one, I do apologize, but just in case, you might want to know not to grow attached to anything in that plazza...
" 3355 The Collegeway, just off of Ridgeway in the city’s west end, could be torn down in the future to make way for a proposed housing development."

Plaza to be torn down? https://www.insauga.com/new-development ... strip-mall
Nov 29, 2013
115 posts
39 upvotes
A thread about new restaurant in Richmond Hill has morphed into a Mississauga/Brampton discussion.
Mar 3, 2009
438 posts
23 upvotes
I spent an hour googling all Fish n Chips restaurants in Mississauga, hoping to find one open on Sundays.

Not one.

Does anyone know of any?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2239 posts
229 upvotes
fred999 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 3:59 pm
I spent an hour googling all Fish n Chips restaurants in Mississauga, hoping to find one open on Sundays.

Not one.

Does anyone know of any?

Thanks.
Nov 29, 2006
223 posts
3 upvotes
Halibut House is open on Sundays. I don't think there is MIssissauga location yet, but they are in Oakville and Etobicoke.
Nov 4, 2007
896 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Namaste Tandoori Restaurant, Fish & Chips is opened Sundays 1:30pm - 9:00pm. Excellent Indian cuisine there too. 5425 Creditview Rd, Mississauga, ON L5V 2P3
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1048 posts
209 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 12:05 pm
I've eaten at Perfect Kitchen and enjoyed my meal. I know a lot of people on Yelp really praise Silk Road, so yeah, that would be worth checking out. I drove past it last week. It's in a rather forlorn looking plaza, but sometimes that's where the gems are.
Finally got around to eating at Silk Road a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely amazing. The hype is real.

(Prices are above-average, and absolutely worth it)
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10210 posts
747 upvotes
Mississauga
fred999 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 3:59 pm

Not one.

Does anyone know of any?

Thanks.
What was your search criteria? When you type in "fish and chips mississauga" in Google, Heritage Fish & Chips is literally the first result, which shows that it is open on Sundays.

Chicken Squared, which is in the same plaza as Heritage, also sells fish & chips.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9893 posts
916 upvotes
kasm wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:47 pm
Namaste Tandoori Restaurant, Fish & Chips is opened Sundays 1:30pm - 9:00pm. Excellent Indian cuisine there too. 5425 Creditview Rd, Mississauga, ON L5V 2P3
So is this place serve both Indian cuisine and fish & chips distinctly... or is it some sort of fusion? Sounds interesting either way.
Mar 3, 2009
438 posts
23 upvotes
bobmans wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:43 pm
Halibut House is open on Sundays. I don't think there is MIssissauga location yet, but they are in Oakville and Etobicoke.
Thanks, will try them next time.