Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 1:14 am
Mar 3, 2009
438 posts
23 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:31 am
What was your search criteria? When you type in "fish and chips mississauga" in Google, Heritage Fish & Chips is literally the first result, which shows that it is open on Sundays.

Chicken Squared, which is in the same plaza as Heritage, also sells fish & chips.
Brampton - didn't feel like driving there and back - I'm more on the south-east side.

Thanks, will try them sometime when I'm close.
Nov 4, 2007
898 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 9:56 am
So is this place serve both Indian cuisine and fish & chips distinctly... or is it some sort of fusion? Sounds interesting either way.
The 2 cuisines are separate but from the same restaurant. The Indian food is fantastic. I have never tried the fish and chips, but both are prominent on their menu. You can check out their yelp page: https://www.yelp.ca/biz/namaste-tandoor ... ississauga

Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10212 posts
748 upvotes
Mississauga
fred999 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:30 am
Brampton - didn't feel like driving there and back - I'm more on the south-east side.

Thanks, will try them sometime when I'm close.
Derry and 10th Line is in Mississauga, not Brampton.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9895 posts
918 upvotes
kasm wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:26 am
The 2 cuisines are separate but from the same restaurant. The Indian food is fantastic. I have never tried the fish and chips, but both are prominent on their menu. You can check out their yelp page: https://www.yelp.ca/biz/namaste-tandoor ... ississauga
There's 1 fusion item: Butter Chicken Poutine!

I feel like fish & chips could go well with some things like the palak paneer. Actually probably many of the vegetarian dishes (as I'm sure some vegetarians are cringing).

It's really out of the way, but possibly check this place out when I have some free time.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6117 posts
931 upvotes
Mississauga
Jack Astor's fish n chips is pretty good.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Mar 3, 2009
438 posts
23 upvotes
Raggie wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 7:04 pm
Jack Astor's fish n chips is pretty good.
Thanks, will try them soon.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9895 posts
918 upvotes
There's a fairly new small restaurant (mostly takeout place) called Porchetta Roll (Rathburn and Dixie). Here's a link from insauga as their website doesn't seem to be ready yet: https://www.insauga.com/unique-new-meat ... ississauga

We picked up a few sandwiches and sides. Their Prochetta sandwich was pretty good and the portion was generous, but the buttermilk chicken sandwich was the clear winner. I can see why their article says the buttermilk chicken sandwich was their top seller. We also got the large poutine and coleslaw. Nothing special about either of those items. Total cost was $30, so not bad for the amount of food we got. They also have rotisserie chicken. I'll give that a try next time.