Food & Drink

Any new restaurants in Mississauga or Etobicoke lately?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2018 7:39 am
Mar 3, 2009
444 posts
25 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:31 am
What was your search criteria? When you type in "fish and chips mississauga" in Google, Heritage Fish & Chips is literally the first result, which shows that it is open on Sundays.

Chicken Squared, which is in the same plaza as Heritage, also sells fish & chips.
Brampton - didn't feel like driving there and back - I'm more on the south-east side.

Thanks, will try them sometime when I'm close.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1091 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 9:56 am
So is this place serve both Indian cuisine and fish & chips distinctly... or is it some sort of fusion? Sounds interesting either way.
The 2 cuisines are separate but from the same restaurant. The Indian food is fantastic. I have never tried the fish and chips, but both are prominent on their menu. You can check out their yelp page: https://www.yelp.ca/biz/namaste-tandoor ... ississauga

Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10600 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
fred999 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 10:30 am
Brampton - didn't feel like driving there and back - I'm more on the south-east side.

Thanks, will try them sometime when I'm close.
Derry and 10th Line is in Mississauga, not Brampton.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10516 posts
1226 upvotes
kasm wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 11:26 am
The 2 cuisines are separate but from the same restaurant. The Indian food is fantastic. I have never tried the fish and chips, but both are prominent on their menu. You can check out their yelp page: https://www.yelp.ca/biz/namaste-tandoor ... ississauga
There's 1 fusion item: Butter Chicken Poutine!

I feel like fish & chips could go well with some things like the palak paneer. Actually probably many of the vegetarian dishes (as I'm sure some vegetarians are cringing).

It's really out of the way, but possibly check this place out when I have some free time.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7102 posts
1391 upvotes
Mississauga
Jack Astor's fish n chips is pretty good.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Mar 3, 2009
444 posts
25 upvotes
Raggie wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 7:04 pm
Thanks, will try them soon.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10516 posts
1226 upvotes
There's a fairly new small restaurant (mostly takeout place) called Porchetta Roll (Rathburn and Dixie). Here's a link from insauga as their website doesn't seem to be ready yet: https://www.insauga.com/unique-new-meat ... ississauga

We picked up a few sandwiches and sides. Their Prochetta sandwich was pretty good and the portion was generous, but the buttermilk chicken sandwich was the clear winner. I can see why their article says the buttermilk chicken sandwich was their top seller. We also got the large poutine and coleslaw. Nothing special about either of those items. Total cost was $30, so not bad for the amount of food we got. They also have rotisserie chicken. I'll give that a try next time.
Mar 3, 2009
444 posts
25 upvotes
Raggie wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 7:04 pm
We did try them, on a Sunday evening.

Food was pretty good, service was good, but man was it loud. Too loud for me... guess I'm getting old... LOL.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7102 posts
1391 upvotes
Mississauga
fred999 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 11:11 am
We did try them, on a Sunday evening.

Food was pretty good, service was good, but man was it loud. Too loud for me... guess I'm getting old... LOL.
I agree, I'm not a fan of eating at Jack Astor's either. I like the smaller places.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3051 posts
313 upvotes
Mississauga
Tried Social Eatery which just opened few weeks ago at Meadowvale Town Centre, good food and friendly staff, will go back for a full meal next time.
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
686 posts
476 upvotes
Rockwood
There are a few inside seafood city, only tried the grill so far and it was pretty good. Some of the meats were a little too sweet for me but I think that's how Filipinos like it. The fish was delicious.

Has anyone tried the 'new' middle eastern spot on Eglington near Tomken, where the BK is?

Also at Dixie and Dundas there is a Turkish Kabob restaurant anyone try it? I went in and waited for like 10 minutes before leaving as none of the servers acknowledged me even after I spoke with a staff member, just wondering if the food is worth a second try.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3051 posts
313 upvotes
Mississauga
Seems like Turtle Jacks at Erin Mills Town Centre is taking forever to open, biggest drawback of Mall, no actual sit-down restaurants within the mall.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10600 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
olek86 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 4:16 pm
Seems like Turtle Jacks at Erin Mills Town Centre is taking forever to open, biggest drawback of Mall, no actual sit-down restaurants within the mall.
That's true. I will say though that Erin Mills TC has a really nice food court with those huge windows.

Is it just me, but I always have trouble navigating that mall and remembering which "spoke" leads to The Bay or Wal-Mart or whatever? I always have to look at the signs and this never happens at any other mall for me.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10516 posts
1226 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 4:39 pm
That's true. I will say though that Erin Mills TC has a really nice food court with those huge windows.

Is it just me, but I always have trouble navigating that mall and remembering which "spoke" leads to The Bay or Wal-Mart or whatever? I always have to look at the signs and this never happens at any other mall for me.
I grew up with EMTC cutting through the mall on my walk to school, so even though is looks vastly different than in the old days with the clock tower and mini golf, I don't get lost.

Sherway Gardens is another story. I only go maybe once a year and whichever place I need to be will be in the opposite direction I initially choose to walk. Every time.