Computers & Electronics

Any one know if I can buy the Valve Index kit in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2019 3:54 pm
[OP]
Nov 11, 2011
337 posts
414 upvotes
ROCKWOOD

It goes on sale tomorrow and the Steam site is saying "not available in your country" but it was just listed earlier today so I wonder if there will be a separate Canadian purchase page or something like that
9 replies
Jan 29, 2004
412 posts
236 upvotes
wait until 1h00pm eastern time today, it could be set to "unavailable in Canada" until the time its ready to be purchased later today. I got my credit card out!!
Apr 30, 2019
3 posts
Man I really hope it is available here. I waited a whole month and saved up money to put in my pre order. I read a few comments on other sites and they made it look like Canada isn't even gonna be in the pre order!!!
Apr 30, 2019
3 posts
Man this is nuts!!! They give us zero info on the thing and give us a date then completely let us down. I hear Australia also isn't getting it Pouting Face
Nov 14, 2013
2 posts
Toronto
I tried every trick i know to get past the region lock. VPN, etc..

I even tried creating a US account but I got all the way to putting in my payment info and it stopped me because my credit cards wasnt murrican.
Jan 29, 2004
412 posts
236 upvotes
Dothetrain wrote:
May 1st, 2019 1:16 pm
Man this is nuts!!! They give us zero info on the thing and give us a date then completely let us down. I hear Australia also isn't getting it Pouting Face
almost everyone outside US is not getting it for pre-order for now :-(

you would think because of our proximity we would be easy to cater to.....
Nov 14, 2013
2 posts
Toronto
So whats the deal? Hard to believe but is canada not even getting it?

I dont understand why they couldnt just take our preorders. Even if there was fine print to say it wont be available until a month or so after US. They are basically asking us to buy a competitors product at this rate.
Apr 30, 2019
3 posts
Alright a bit of good news... I think! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.roadto ... llers/amp/

Read this article and a few paragraphs down it mentions the index pre ordering US and EU first because of demand. So it sounds like they just want to get numbers for right now and then hopefully they will open it up to everyone else soon. Although it would be nice for valve to give some info but I have a feeling they're playing this all by ear and seeing what their numbers will be at. Probably a good idea so they dont have much trouble meeting their July 28th deadline.