Shopping Discussion

Any other benefits for Amazon prime in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2015 11:51 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Sep 6, 2009
2182 posts
206 upvotes

Any other benefits for Amazon prime in Canada?

Well My 6 month trial for prime is going to be up in a couple weeks. Besides 2 day shipping for most items, is there any other benefits for prime in Canada?
Brand NEW FUJIFILM F900EXR FOR SALE ASKING $225
9 replies
Dec 3, 2003
91 posts
34 upvotes
This is what I got from their website.

The benefits include:

FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible items.
Note: If the item you're ordering is out of stock or unavailable to ship, we'll get it to you two days after it's back in stock. Remember to check the cut-off time shown on the detail page. Orders over $1,300 may require a signature.

Free Standard Shipping on eligible items.
Discounted One-Day Shipping.
No minimum purchase for shipping benefits.
Prime Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive. For more information, go to About Prime Photos.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Sep 6, 2009
2182 posts
206 upvotes
peterw wrote:
Feb 12th, 2015 11:15 pm
This is what I got from their website.

The benefits include:

FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible items.
Note: If the item you're ordering is out of stock or unavailable to ship, we'll get it to you two days after it's back in stock. Remember to check the cut-off time shown on the detail page. Orders over $1,300 may require a signature.

Free Standard Shipping on eligible items.
Discounted One-Day Shipping.
No minimum purchase for shipping benefits.
Prime Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive. For more information, go to About Prime Photos.
Wow if that's all there is I don't think I'll be keeping it as the American site offers video streaming and a bunch of other stuff. Already have 200gigs of online storage from Microsoft.
Brand NEW FUJIFILM F900EXR FOR SALE ASKING $225
Dec 3, 2003
91 posts
34 upvotes
Right. I just started my free trial today, but there is no way that I would renew for this little benefit.
Oct 21, 2013
269 posts
39 upvotes
North
peterw wrote:
Feb 12th, 2015 11:57 pm
Right. I just started my free trial today, but there is no way that I would renew for this little benefit.
Can you please check whether the new TV serial episodes are free for prime members? For example, the new serial Better Call Saul is listed at $2.99 - is this free if you're a prime member?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1184 posts
110 upvotes
Vancouver
vhl111 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2015 6:19 pm
Can you please check whether the new TV serial episodes are free for prime members? For example, the new serial Better Call Saul is listed at $2.99 - is this free if you're a prime member?
No
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2062 posts
442 upvotes
Vancouver
If you get a free trial period, by all means go and try it out. But it definitely is not worth paying for it.

I had it for 6 months last year too. I found that Amazon.ca had way more 3rd party sellers than Amazon.com, hence the 2 day free shipping does not even apply. Also some items were listed as prime shipping, which meant 2 days, but it arrived about 9 days later.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2996 posts
433 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
I got prime and and abuse it. It's a pretty low price to pay to not have to go shopping. I have extensive wishlists with sale alerts. It's not hard to quickly figure out if its a good deal or not. Couple clicks and a day or two and it's at my doorstep. Mortar and pestle bought yesterday. Weighed a ton. Free shipping. Most baby stuff on there is within few cents of Walmart. Ordered, saved the drive. Tools on sale, on and on and on. I figure if I get paid $20 per hour and I save myself from being at Walmart for 4 hours in a year (that pays for itself in a month I think). If only they had groceries...
I know we get shafted relative to Americans, but that's life in Canada. You're not going to get American pricing on anything without a significant amount of effort and some other things that are illegal to say nowadays.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8023 posts
1176 upvotes
Toronto
I got Prime for free for a year from someone who had extras for Amazon.com but unfortunately, it can't be used for Amazon.ca.

I don't order often enough to warrant getting one for Amazon.ca.

When I do order, the stuff is shipped quite quickly already.