Automotive

Any other Urban SUV models out there besides Nissan Juke and Subaru Crosstrek?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2015 9:23 am
Tags:
None
May 2, 2008
290 posts
59 upvotes
canabiz wrote:
Jun 13th, 2015 9:46 pm
Lots of choices here, we still have our eyes on the Crosstrek and will probably pull the trigger towards the end of the summer...looking for a 2014 base model with about 20+K for $20K or thereabout.
I bought a 2015 Crosstrek a month ago, it's a great car, I'm very satisfied with mine. Bear in mind that the 2015 model has some good improvements over the 2014 model, in particular extra sound-deadening and thicker glass (the '14 model was quite loud), and the CVT has been improved to behave more like a traditional automatic when accelerating. Are you looking for a used example? I wasn't aware of any unsold 2014 models being still available, it's a popular car.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9833 posts
2969 upvotes
Ottawa
zekele wrote:
Jun 14th, 2015 8:54 am
I bought a 2015 Crosstrek a month ago, it's a great car, I'm very satisfied with mine. Bear in mind that the 2015 model has some good improvements over the 2014 model, in particular extra sound-deadening and thicker glass (the '14 model was quite loud), and the CVT has been improved to behave more like a traditional automatic when accelerating. Are you looking for a used example? I wasn't aware of any unsold 2014 models being still available, it's a popular car.
Yes I got my eyes peeled on Kijiji and Trader for used Crosstrek. It will be our second car so I'm not looking for anything fancy schmancy (but thanks for the update on the 2015 though!). I was initially hesitant about getting a 2013 model because of the (potential) oil consumption issue but after further research and exchanging info with other Crosstrek owners, I am comfortable picking one up as well, if the price is right.

I am hoping the new competition (Honda HR-V, Mazda CX-3 etc) will entice more buyers to look that way and make the (used) Crosstrek a bit less popular and a bit more affordable :)
[removed]