Automotive

any pics of new North American Honda CIVIC 2006??

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2005 11:53 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2005
1670 posts
2 upvotes
GTA

any pics of new North American Honda CIVIC 2006??

Wanna share some pics?
42 replies
Nov 1, 2003
898 posts
looks more sporty, butttttttttttttttttttttt also loos like an accord modified.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7017 posts
169 upvotes
New Westminster
Ngo_35 wrote:looks more sporty, butttttttttttttttttttttt also loos like an accord modified.
The pictures on that site is of the SI(SIR in Canada) concept.
insert witty comment
Jun 15, 2004
593 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to save space on your digital memory card for those vacation pictures when something big is passing you by. And that's exactly what happened during this spring break fling. These pictures, taken by college students on their way to their vacation destination, was obviously shot in the low-megapixel mode, but grainy or not, these are the very first pictures of the upcoming Honda Civic sedan.

There will be many differences between the sedan and coupe, but even so, one can easily see the similarities between the sedan shown here and the Civic Si concept shown in Chicago. Most noticeable is the sweeping roofline and A-pillar, which goes right into the hood for a dramatic look. The windshield, side-view mirror treatment, and front-side windows, as well as the rear fender creases and trim, all match closely with the Si concept as well.

TCC
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4255 upvotes
looks like it has the profile of the new prius
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4234 posts
298 upvotes
the shape of the rear looks really similar to my 02.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
289 upvotes
Midland
Doesn't impress me at all. Honda's gotta change their design team.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Dec 9, 2004
452 posts
Ottawa
Taken from a japanese magazine, looks like rendering ...

Does anyone else notice the dual pod dash? What IS that thing?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8241 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
japanese engine technolgy is totally differnt to what we get here in canada and usa.

theirs get better gas milage, and more horse power also.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Dec 9, 2004
452 posts
Ottawa
I think it's obvious the japanese magazine was describing the hybrid version of the new civic, 1.3L, IMA, >30km/L.
However, the US and JDM cars would probably share the same sheet metal.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2005
2667 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
is it just me or are the triangle tip exhausts kinda weird. not feeling it.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2004
1572 posts
10 upvotes
WOW that Civic does look really nice! Was looking at the Mazda3 for a while, but this Civic definitely looks much better than the current model.

Plus Honda's engine's have always been trustworthy and fuel efficient. I'm not looking for rice-power so a stock LX engine will suit me just fine. Thanks for posting the pic!
Heatware: 40-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6356 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
Front end looks squashed, sort of minivan'ish.