Automotive

any pics of new North American Honda CIVIC 2006??

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2005 11:53 am
Tags:
None
Mar 21, 2003
656 posts
42 upvotes
looks actually pretty good

i'm gonna be in the market for a new car in a few months...
so its either gonna be a 2002 325Ci, A4 or a new civic from the looks of it.. unless those pics are BS
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1134 posts
Hamilton
actually, it looks alrite. i think it will look better if they make the height of the car lower. but they can't make it look too nice as civic is suppose to be their lower class???
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7394 posts
97 upvotes
Anyone see a resemblance?

06 Honda Civic

05 Nissan Maxima

The Maxima looks much better IMO. I can't stand how the front grill looks on the Civic.
Dec 9, 2004
452 posts
Ottawa
I believe the civic is designed more with brand-wide cues in mind than to copy Nissan:

Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3296 posts
53 upvotes
The Front looks dopey..

The back only looks good with a spoiler..
I never did like the Maxima back either.

And yes, it looks like a chop of a bunch of other cars.
I guess I'll place my order for a 2006 Mazda3 this week.
The RFD Doctrine -
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
UrbanPoet: Automatic 1-Star thread starter.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3060 posts
297 upvotes
Mississauga
otaque wrote:I believe the civic is designed more with brand-wide cues in mind than to copy Nissan:

I believe this is the redesigned rear of the accord, not the civic...
Dec 9, 2004
452 posts
Ottawa
wing0 wrote:I believe this is the redesigned rear of the accord, not the civic...
ermm ... yea ... that's why I said they're trying to maintain a 'brand-wide design cue' as opposed to mirroring nissan's ?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
great, this car has a more "carolla" feeling to it, we'll be seeing less Honda rice boxes in the future and less obstruction from the fighter jet spoilers. :)
Dec 9, 2004
452 posts
Ottawa
Well since we now have a reasonable reference as to how close honda's published concept cars usually are to their production version, here's what might arrive at our shores in the near future too :

More pictures here http://www.daltshonda.com/civicconcept.htm

Mar 21, 2003
656 posts
42 upvotes
otaque wrote:Well since we now have a reasonable reference as to how close honda's published concept cars usually are to their production version, here's what might arrive at our shores in the near future too :

More pictures here http://www.daltshonda.com/civicconcept.htm

whoa
that looks pimp
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
3881 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
Here are new interior pics:
Dec 9, 2004
452 posts
Ottawa
Mmm ... Engine start button
I can see some older civic drivers pressing the big red button to eject the CD too ...
Jul 25, 2005
260 posts
looks more like a new acura anything. it'll pass as the new front end for RSX, TL, TSX, etc.

anyone else hear that Honda is pulling Acura? I don't believe it but my friend was for sure. I think he's particularly wrong cuz I just heard on TV that they're launching Acura in Japan next year, after Lexus in Japan this year.