14 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21084 posts
10544 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Red wing belts
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Dec 10, 2017
12 posts
7 upvotes
I second Tanner Goods or Brave Belts...

Brave is Made in Canada, here in Toronto in fact - they both last. Have had some for 10+ years and they look better with age.

www.braveleather.com
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11333 posts
6137 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
$150? I can pick up 5 belts at Winners for that much money!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Jul 19, 2018
124 posts
124 upvotes
Orion belts are good, I have one and it's aged great across the 3 years I've worn it.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3227 posts
773 upvotes
Oshawa
Belts are belts.

It's more about the buckle.

Plenty of great choices at Winners/Marshall's.

When you get a chance to go to Europe or Asia, checkout their local night markets. Plenty of great designs there.

I roam the markets when I get a chance to head back to Taiwan (once every two years). I normally pickup a few belts each time.

I look at the buckles that can be removed easily, just swap out the leather belt when it wears out.

My current belts:

IMG_20190122_121242.jpg
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Jan 18, 2017
521 posts
175 upvotes
Orion Leather Company, you can find good deals on returned belts on their eBay store.

Full grain leather, nice and thick at 3/16th inch, develops a nice patina over time. Definitely a BIFL belt.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
6171 posts
2449 upvotes
Alberta
I'm cheap, I just buy the 2 pack at Costco for something like $20. They're actually pretty good for what it is.
Mar 4, 2019
10 posts
2 upvotes
Hey, Orion bets are very good. Well, you can find a variety of belts in online stores.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7614 posts
1503 upvotes
I second the Costco ones too. Cheap but decent quality but not always available all year round.

However if you want durablity, stay away from reversible one where you flip between two colours on either side. The buckle are more likely to have problems but the worse is the belt itself since they are usually two very thin straps of leather glued together to make the belt so they never really last as long compared to a single piece leather belt.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted: