Food & Drink

Any restaurant/place you would recommend I take my girl? in Markham/Scarb/Toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2004 12:39 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
3089 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto

Any restaurant/place you would recommend I take my girl? in Markham/Scarb/Toronto?

Yeah just wondering what anyone would suggest. I dont know what to do in the afternoon, but I was thinking dinner n movie at night.
What would you recommend for either?
Is there any good/affordable (LOL) restaurants that are classy? maybe one with live music? (preferably jazz or something like that)
oh btw...has to have a veggie only section in the menu ;)

what are you fav places/things in TO? esp during the day...no idea what to do :S any help is appreciated =)
16 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
2456 posts
9 upvotes
You can check out the markham fair. Waste money and win prizes, chicks love it!
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24259 posts
1519 upvotes
Markham, ON
Pyro wrote:Yeah just wondering what anyone would suggest. I dont know what to do in the afternoon, but I was thinking dinner n movie at night.
What would you recommend for either?
Is there any good/affordable (LOL) restaurants that are classy? maybe one with live music? (preferably jazz or something like that)
oh btw...has to have a veggie only section in the menu ;)

what are you fav places/things in TO? esp during the day...no idea what to do :S any help is appreciated =)
If price is no object, there are some great restarants on Main Street in Unionville. Quite pricy but private is Il Postino. This restaurant will impress her (hopefully)

here is a full list of restaurants: http://www.guidingstar.ca/Markham_Restaurants.htm

If you want something slightly cheaper...but only slightly...Akasaka (sushi)...

In regards to the movie...Famous Player's Richmond hill is alot better than the first markham cineplex...thats a dump.

If you want something cheap...a walk in the park/coffee on Main street or even head to the park on leslie and major mak (i think)

or bowling...is good too
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15499 posts
1447 upvotes
GTA
Goto the new strip at Hwy 7 and 404... Where Baton Rouge is... south side of Hwy 7 and East Commerce Valley.

There is a restaurant called "BRIZ" or something there, has live music. looks classy. Turns into a club after 9 pm i think. That or Baton Rouge is quite nice. There is also bubble tea there that is very classy. Best bubble tea place in TO I would say. Very nice decor. Service of course, is slow like any other bbt place.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
actng wrote:Goto the new strip at Hwy 7 and 404... Where Baton Rouge is... south side of Hwy 7 and East Commerce Valley.

There is a restaurant called "BRIZ" or something there, has live music. looks classy. Turns into a club after 9 pm i think. That or Baton Rouge is quite nice. There is also bubble tea there that is very classy. Best bubble tea place in TO I would say. Very nice decor. Service of course, is slow like any other bbt place.
ya...BRIX nappa valley grille and wine bar is a very nice place...good food too
Jan 8, 2004
814 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
downtown try spring rolls, green mango, hosu
scarborough try niji, memories of japan, markham station,golden griddle, pho saigon
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5811 posts
243 upvotes
Vancouver
I recommend Spring Rolls on front st. cheap and semi high class.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
3089 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
I dont think she'd like the markham fair or bifteque...thanks for the suggestions though

Highway and 404, I'll check up on that see what its like

actually I've been to Springrolls before, its quite nice
maybe we'll go there, and can go to panorama after (VERY nice view of TO up there =] )
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
26 upvotes
I think the best is learn how to cook and impress your gal. :) As the host (which is one of the sexiest cook show host) from "Good Eats" said during one of his interview.
Sep 13, 2004
102 posts
Toronto
My boyfriend took me to Spezzo Ristorante on our first date. It's a great atomosphere, food is good, and staff is knowledgeable.

It's near Hwy. 7 & East Beaver Creek.

How about a friendly game of glow-in-the-dark mini-golf? Loser treats the winner for dinner ... that way you get a second date. ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2003
4772 posts
42 upvotes
FLAVORS has some nice desserts and romantic booths, located just south of kennedy/401..theres a 2-4-1 coupon on entertainment.com

Dimietries (sp) is at EastBeaverCreek/Hwy7

I found the setting at the HOST indian cusine to be very romantic, same area as Dimetries..and also a 2-4-1 coupon available.

cheers~
"Illegitimi non carborundum" --Latin Proverb

If you want to do something good for your soul, and your own sense of self-worth, help someone secretly and never tell them or anyone else, ever.

Hot deal?

:evil: AVOID ByoLogyc products such as ByoMate!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6760 posts
1389 upvotes
T dot 6
Markham Station has gone downhill big time. I live across the street so I know. A friend and I were in the plaza and said ok, lets give it one more chance because we said we would never go back. We honestly waited for more then 15 mins for a waiter or waitress to come take a drink or food order. We got up and left and had a KFC Big Crunch chicken sandwich next door.

I like Golden Griddle, but I wouldnt take a date there.
revert wrote:downtown try spring rolls, green mango, hosu
scarborough try niji, memories of japan, markham station,golden griddle, pho saigon
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10390 posts
243 upvotes
Mississauga
Yes, actually, take her to Walker Hill on East Beaver Creek and Hwy 7. Its a Korean BBQ, which means its going to be fun, new, and interesting. Anybody can shell out $$$ to try and impress a girl. It takes somebody special to figure out a fun place to eat. You get to CHAR your own food!

D
Jan 8, 2004
814 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Jaytee wrote:Markham Station has gone downhill big time. I live across the street so I know. A friend and I were in the plaza and said ok, lets give it one more chance because we said we would never go back. We honestly waited for more then 15 mins for a waiter or waitress to come take a drink or food order. We got up and left and had a KFC Big Crunch chicken sandwich next door.

I like Golden Griddle, but I wouldnt take a date there.
its really a hit and miss at times at markham station, sometimes you'll get really good service or really bad service. what i also noticed is that the super breakfast has gotten smaller, they dont give you as much fries any more
also sometimes, the waitress will include tip on the bill not sure tho it only happened to us once