any suggestion for high acceptance rate unis in Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 12:49 am
[OP]
Nov 17, 2018
1 posts

any suggestion for high acceptance rate unis in Toronto

hi!!
I wanted to know if it is so hard to get an application for york uni Toronto as an international!!
unfortunately, I did awfull on last year of high school although I did ok and kinda great on other years and I have gotten a total score of 7 on the IELTS exam.
I have problems for choosing between universities in Toronto cause of the grades I got.
I don't know any high acceptance rate uni for Biology in Toronto
and I can't repair my grades cause we do not have such a thing in my country.
I would be so happy if you could share any suggestion you have about universities and my situation with me Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol<3
4 replies
May 19, 2015
644 posts
222 upvotes
Not sure how we can help... university entrance is based on grades. period. I would imagine it's even more so for international students? Of course there are programs that require more than just good grades but having good grades is the minimum.

How poorly did you do? Again not sure if there are many international students no this forum that can speak to if cut offs are higher for international students. It's best to contact the school's directly as anything we say on here is just speculation.
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Apr 14, 2017
488 posts
147 upvotes
DT Calgary
Why does it have to be Toronto? Regardless, if you have above a 70% in Canadian high schools you should be good for a lot of University science program.
Jan 8, 2010
119 posts
35 upvotes
raanablz wrote:
Nov 18th, 2018 8:17 am
hi!!
I wanted to know if it is so hard to get an application for york uni Toronto as an international!!
unfortunately, I did awfull on last year of high school although I did ok and kinda great on other years and I have gotten a total score of 7 on the IELTS exam.
I have problems for choosing between universities in Toronto cause of the grades I got.
I would be so happy if you could share any suggestion you have about universities and my situation with me Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol<3
Ask yourself what you're going to do with a science degree after having dropped like 100-200k for an "unemployable" piece of paper. A biology degree is only really useful for students aiming for competitive professional programs like medicine and dentistry. Most Canadian professional school seats are reserved for Canadian residents, but more importantly, if you're not doing well in high school then there is no reason to presume that you will perform at the top of your class in university.

Rethink your plan. If you want to spend all that money as an international student in Canada, then at least get a degree with decent job prospects. A lot of Canadian university programs would be more than happy to take you with 70s, as you're a money machine to them. This doesn't mean that you should be going into these programs. Look into business, computer science, software engineering, information technology, nursing, actuarial science, architecture, data science, food and nutrition sciences, etc.
Jul 31, 2017
390 posts
115 upvotes
raanablz wrote:
Nov 18th, 2018 8:17 am
hi!!

If your grades are poor you are not going to get into that program at any university in Toronto.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)