Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 2, 2011
849 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto

Any suggestions for a online broker?

Im looking at virtual brokers.. not sure which ones everyone on here uses.
8 replies
Jun 20, 2012
29 posts
4 upvotes
Losts of posts about that for you to go through for further information, but I myself just started using questrade and haven't had any significant issues yet. Cheap trades. But it really depends on what you looking for. For a small amounts something like questrade is probably good, if you have 100k then a bank with an online platform may be more what your looking for.
Jul 23, 2012
9 posts
1 upvote
WHITBY
I think i heard that one is good. I personally use questrade. Its good and reliable, but if you're looking to do stock analysis use different sites, because their analysis clients arent that good. I personally use a few different websites to complete my analyses before choosing to buy or dump a stock.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2567 posts
624 upvotes
Careful with the fees! If you make a trade that removes liquidity from the market, you get dinged big time!

I learned the hard way
[OP]
Nov 2, 2011
849 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
jt05mi wrote:
Jul 25th, 2012 1:52 pm
Careful with the fees! If you make a trade that removes liquidity from the market, you get dinged big time!

I learned the hard way
What do you mean? Using virtual brokers, or another?
matthook wrote:
Jul 25th, 2012 12:19 pm
I think i heard that one is good. I personally use questrade. Its good and reliable, but if you're looking to do stock analysis use different sites, because their analysis clients arent that good. I personally use a few different websites to complete my analyses before choosing to buy or dump a stock.
Which websites do you use?
NakorOranges wrote:
Jul 25th, 2012 12:19 pm
Losts of posts about that for you to go through for further information, but I myself just started using questrade and haven't had any significant issues yet. Cheap trades. But it really depends on what you looking for. For a small amounts something like questrade is probably good, if you have 100k then a bank with an online platform may be more what your looking for.
I looked around, theres only 3 pages in this sub section. I didnt find any threads about it. Im just looking for small amounts, Im just a student. Its the hidden fees im worried about like the above poster said, I just want to do simple stock trades
Jul 19, 2003
687 posts
86 upvotes
Markham
Reviews on this forum led me to sign up with Virtual Brokers. I'm with ScotiaItrade right now and looking for cheap commissions so I signed up for a demo with "play" money but the demo account view looks crappy so I didn't follow up with the application. They've called me two times now asking me how things are going with my demo account :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1394 posts
201 upvotes
I use Questrade and haven't had any real problems. Their customer service is a bit questionable based on the two times I've contacted them but trading is simple and it's inexpensive.