Shopping Discussion

Any takes on the COLD BB's Holiday Price Protection Policy?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2005 5:15 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50564 posts
15341 upvotes

Any takes on the COLD BB's Holiday Price Protection Policy?

"Holiday Price Protections

To serve you better, we are unable to accept or process any requests for price protections instore on December 26th and 27th and online from December 25th to December 27th inclusive (but we'll be happy to accept and process them as normal after these dates)."

This policy for me doesn't say they shouldn't price match during boxing day but that they will not accept price match requests during this period. Remember we have 14 days price protection for electronic goods.

I was not allowed a pricematch against Henry's $599 panasonic camera because of this confusing statement. I ordered one from BB at $769. Duh, who would buy something that high when it is available at a competitors for a better price.

Supervisor agreed the policy is worded wrong but how come they did not fix it? I would think it's easy to change the wording. She even says Henry's might not be a competitor they would price match against. I should not have wasted my time ordering. Couldn't cancel because the order was released. Argh.
4 replies
Apr 20, 2005
693 posts
7 upvotes
British Columbia
I just did Price Protection at FS this morning on a 27" Toshiba TV I purchased on the 18th. No questions asked, no hassles, in and out in five minutes.

All I know is that they weren't accepting PP along with returns/exchanges on the 26th and 27th, which is pretty common practice. They want those registers available for the cha-ching, not for people bringing things back. That, and some retailers have some huge Boxing Day crashers, and they don't want to price match those. PP on items purchased already and sales that are still ongoing are fair game as of this morning though. :)
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10367 posts
565 upvotes
Mississauga
qrayzie wrote:I just did Price Protection at FS this morning on a 27" Toshiba TV I purchased on the 18th. No questions asked, no hassles, in and out in five minutes.

All I know is that they weren't accepting PP along with returns/exchanges on the 26th and 27th, which is pretty common practice. They want those registers available for the cha-ching, not for people bringing things back. That, and some retailers have some huge Boxing Day crashers, and they don't want to price match those. PP on items purchased already and sales that are still ongoing are fair game as of this morning though. :)
Actually, some BBs were accepting returns yesterday. It was on CTV last night. Although in writing it says after the 27th, some stores decided to go ahead and open their customer service counter after some swarms of customers came looking for some customer service.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1590 posts
804 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:"Holiday Price Protections

To serve you better, we are unable to accept or process any requests for price protections instore on December 26th and 27th and online from December 25th to December 27th inclusive (but we'll be happy to accept and process them as normal after these dates)."

This policy for me doesn't say they shouldn't price match during boxing day but that they will not accept price match requests during this period. Remember we have 14 days price protection for electronic goods.

I was not allowed a pricematch against Henry's $599 panasonic camera because of this confusing statement. I ordered one from BB at $769. Duh, who would buy something that high when it is available at a competitors for a better price.

Supervisor agreed the policy is worded wrong but how come they did not fix it? I would think it's easy to change the wording. She even says Henry's might not be a competitor they would price match against. I should not have wasted my time ordering. Couldn't cancel because the order was released. Argh.
If you read some of the posts in the boxing day discussion forums, you would have seen a lot of posts about not being able to PM on boxing day. So yes, you did waste your time.
Aug 11, 2005
454 posts
55 upvotes
I can't understand people getting back for a rebate after Christmas.

When you buy something BEFORE Christmas you should think that it may be reduced AFTER. Point is, it's not our problem.