Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 13, 2006
311 posts
31 upvotes
Ontario

Any using Wave Accounting?

There's a Toronto-based company that makes a free accounting system called Wave (https://www.waveapps.com/).

It looks great, but wondering if anyone has real world user experience with this software?
10 replies
Mar 27, 2009
543 posts
66 upvotes
I haven't used it but I looked into it. There are a couple youtube reviews. One was quite long but pretty in depth. It looks good but with minor flaws. Iphone apps look great too. Only reason I haven't gone to it was because the time it would take to change from quickbooks and learn all the tricks.

I'll be watching this thread.
Jul 23, 2014
37 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
A bit surprised not many people in Canada havent discovered Wave yet- they have been around for years. It is amazing- does things like automate bank feeds( the last time I used Wave which was about 5 years ago)and very popular here in New Zealand. A better option is Xero- which is paid but offers more features- but you cant beat the value that Wave gives away for free
bimmer009 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2014 10:19 am
There's a Toronto-based company that makes a free accounting system called Wave (https://www.waveapps.com/).

It looks great, but wondering if anyone has real world user experience with this software?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3902 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
Wave is great for small uncomplicated businesses. Unfortunately my business grew out of Wave and I had to hire a dedicated bookkeeper /accountant and they used QB or SA
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
3788 posts
46 upvotes
+1 for Xero ... I have used Wave and it's just meh however it's good for small businesses.
Kiwibloke wrote:
Aug 5th, 2014 4:24 pm
A bit surprised not many people in Canada havent discovered Wave yet- they have been around for years. It is amazing- does things like automate bank feeds( the last time I used Wave which was about 5 years ago)and very popular here in New Zealand. A better option is Xero- which is paid but offers more features- but you cant beat the value that Wave gives away for free
Dec 3, 2013
203 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have been using Wave for payroll since day 1. Super easy to setup and implement.

Can't speak to the rest of their bookkeeping, as we do that elsewhere (mostly because my girlfriend is a CA)
As the co-founder of a business dedicated to making it easy to buy and sell used iPhones, I have fairly extensive experience navigating Craigslist/Kijiji for used iPhones, and also troubleshooting said iPhones.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4476 posts
589 upvotes
I use it, although I'm just an independent contract/consultant. It's more meant for goods-based businesses than for services, but you can still shoe-horn it to do what you went. I like being able to produce reasonably professional and consistent invoices (and keep track of them) with little effort.
Sep 22, 2011
62 posts
7 upvotes
OTTAWA
+1 consultant using it and it meets all my needs (gst/hst).
Feb 18, 2010
130 posts
35 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I recommend Wave accounting to our small business clients and start ups. IT Contractors seems to appreciate the simplicity of it.

- Allan
Nov 23, 2013
117 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
I use wave it's easy, idiot proof and has some pretty good advanced features. But I don't think they are based in TO...
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4476 posts
589 upvotes
shlomom wrote:
Aug 14th, 2014 12:05 pm
I use wave it's easy, idiot proof and has some pretty good advanced features. But I don't think they are based in TO...
They are. I have a friend who works there.
Where we are

235 Carlaw Ave, Suite 601
Toronto, ON, M4M 2S1