Travel

Any way to contact Air Canada customer relations?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2018 7:01 am
[OP]
Dec 18, 2018
1 posts

Any way to contact Air Canada customer relations?

Long story short:

I was supposed to fly out for a conference on August 9th. My dad passed away suddenly on August 7th (he was young and healthy, so this was unexpected).

I obviously had to miss my flight. I requested a refund and they told me to submit an email request with all the supporting documents (death certificate, etc.). It's been 4 months now and nothing (other than the initial confirmation email that they received my request). Whenever I call the Air Canada bookings phone number (the only number on their site), they tell me they can't check on the status of my claim and that I need to email Customer Relations again (to which I will just receive another automated confirmation response). Apparently, Customer Relations does not have a phone number...

Is there some way to contact their customer relations office directly? Surely someone has a number or direct email.
6 replies
Feb 11, 2009
974 posts
235 upvotes
Have you tried social media?
Complain, they will ask you to contact them, and you'll say "I did!" and hopefully one of the social media people will ask someone to look at the case.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2282 posts
1411 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Rapsln4 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 3:31 pm
Long story short:

I was supposed to fly out for a conference on August 9th. My dad passed away suddenly on August 7th (he was young and healthy, so this was unexpected).

I obviously had to miss my flight. I requested a refund and they told me to submit an email request with all the supporting documents (death certificate, etc.). It's been 4 months now and nothing (other than the initial confirmation email that they received my request). Whenever I call the Air Canada bookings phone number (the only number on their site), they tell me they can't check on the status of my claim and that I need to email Customer Relations again (to which I will just receive another automated confirmation response). Apparently, Customer Relations does not have a phone number...

Is there some way to contact their customer relations office directly? Surely someone has a number or direct email.
I am very sorry to hear about your loss- I can imagine this time of year must be difficult.

I know some airlines will refund even non refundable tickets in the event there’s a death in the immediate family (on the basis a death certificate has been provided). AC’s policy is not quite clear on that from what I have read- I know they provide bereavement fares but that obviously does not apply to you in this situation.

I know there’s a Facebook group ran by Gabor Lukas “Air Passenger Rights in Canada”. Perhaps post your situation there as some people seem to know the ins and outs and may better be able to help you.

Assuming you booked on a credit card and we are nearing the 6 month mark. This would def be covered by the most standard insurance policies- have you looked into that as well?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
6195 posts
2525 upvotes
Alberta
Try this, email one and Cc: the other.

Primary Contact
Twyla Robinson
General Manager, Customer Relations & Executive Centre
Air Canada Centre
7373 Côte-Vertu Blvd. West
Saint-Laurent, Quebec H4S 1Z3
twyla.robinson@aircanada.ca

Secondary Contact
Anthony Doyle
Managing Director, Call Centre & Customer Relations
Air Canada Centre
7373 Côte-Vertu Blvd. West
Saint-Laurent, Quebec H4S 1Z3
MD.ContactCentres@aircanada.ca
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2616 posts
1205 upvotes
Edmonton
Rapsln4 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 3:31 pm
Long story short:

Without taking away from the gravity of the situation and the sadness of the circumstances, the whole purpose of buying travel insurance is to cover situations like this. Air Canada may provide reimbursement as a goodwill gesture but if this is a low cost non-refundable ticket, why is there an expectation that Air Canada needs to come through with a refund?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1187 posts
617 upvotes
Ottawa
Sorry for your loss.

Useful info from jackrabbit about the emails.

Independent of your refund request, if you need to cancel an Air Canada nonrefundable ticket, AC generally provides the value of the ticket less the penalty as a travel credit usable within 1 year of the original flight date. Air Canada bookings should be able to check whether there is a flight credit against the original locator code/ticket number. While it's not what you have requested, if you have any travel you expect to do on Air Canada in coming months it may be a less-hassle way to recoup most of your loss.

I *think* (but I'm not sure) this only works if you cancelled your flight, not if you were just a no-show. And I'm not sure if it might be disrupted if an actual refund is actually being processed, but just an idea if applicable for you. Good luck!