Any way to prevent static electricity/shock when opening and closing car door ?
My parent's car is a Ford Taurus and almost every time I get out of the car, I get shocked when I touch the door to close it. Doesn't hurt a lot but it is a shock ! I hate it and my gf gets shocked too when she closes the door. I don't recall if I was wearing a particular piece of clothing but it seems like it happens no matter what I wear.
I notice some cars have a little trailing thing on the rear bumper that touches the ground, does this thing ground the car and discharge the static electricity ? Or is it some high-tech gadget that is not related to static electricity at all ?
Any info would be helpful.........if this doesn't happen to people, then I must be crazy.......