Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

Any of you keep reading the deals but did not shop at boxing day so far?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2012 6:06 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 22, 2005
151 posts
I don't see a lot in this year BD. I wanted new iron, but all that on sale are non-stick (boo). Blu-ray players are 29-39 (sony-toshiba), but I dont feel like leaving home for those as I take DVDs to watch from library for free and TPL will not buy blue-rays for a while. I still have cannon hd camcorder hf100 (bought at staples clearance for 399 few years back and it still beats most current models in 1000+ range). My main camera is Canon G12 that I bought for 279 off US sale and let me tell you that with its IS it beats a lot of cameras in 700+ segment (especially in hands of self proclaimed photo "professionals" that I silently laugh at when see all those Canons with big lenses without IS) and pictures are just amazing. I bought three Kingston SD 16GB cards this summer for 1.99 (price match BB) that have lifetime warranty on them, so I dont think I will be in the market for SD card for long-long-long time. Also got three Kingston 25 years anniversary 8GB usb drives for free this fall. Main TV is Toshiba regza 42" 4 years old I bought with FS free $800 GC on BD (net cost for me $400, which 4 years later is still below market). Second TV is 32" viewsonic that I got for free and fixed by changing PWS for $20 off ebay. Home theater is Peonner HTZ-580DV that I also got for free and only problem with it was fried fuse. I fixed it easily and let me tell you that those speakers are real deal, not like squeakers on most current home theater systems, even those in 500-1000+ range. I bought 4 wall mounts for them off ebay for $17 and optical digital cables and HDMI cables for 1.25-2.50. Also I assembled 3 computers with decent video cards off pieces from other people upgrades that I got for free, so I will donate my two older P4 systems to school near by. I bought brand new dishwasher this summer off some sort of wherehouse close-out for $130 with many premium features. Oh, I bought used DB8 antenna for $45 this summer to add to my CM4221 and now I can receive all US channels with confidence and point CM4221 to hamilton so I pay $0 for my cable/satelite. Not to mention that my workplace provides me with newest Iphone every 3 years and pays for cell plan.
With cineplex GC I got I would rather go to the movies since BD is a holiday and I dont need to burn any of my (many) vacation days. Ho-ho-ho! Happy New Year!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4333 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, its more exciting to sit at home and laugh at crappy boxing day deals that you need to line up early to get.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4069 posts
139 upvotes
mix1_home wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 12:58 pm
I don't see a lot in this year BD. I wanted new iron, but all that on sale are non-stick (boo). Blu-ray players are 29-39 (sony-toshiba), but I dont feel like leaving home for those as I take DVDs to watch from library for free and TPL will not buy blue-rays for a while. I still have cannon hd camcorder hf100 (bought at staples clearance for 399 few years back and it still beats most current models in 1000+ range). My main camera is Canon G12 that I bought for 279 off US sale and let me tell you that with its IS it beats a lot of cameras in 700+ segment (especially in hands of self proclaimed photo "professionals" that I silently laugh at when see all those Canons with big lenses without IS) and pictures are just amazing. I bought three Kingston SD 16GB cards this summer for 1.99 (price match BB) that have lifetime warranty on them, so I dont think I will be in the market for SD card for long-long-long time. Also got three Kingston 25 years anniversary 8GB usb drives for free this fall. Main TV is Toshiba regza 42" 4 years old I bought with FS free $800 GC on BD (net cost for me $400, which 4 years later is still below market). Second TV is 32" viewsonic that I got for free and fixed by changing PWS for $20 off ebay. Home theater is Peonner HTZ-580DV that I also got for free and only problem with it was fried fuse. I fixed it easily and let me tell you that those speakers are real deal, not like squeakers on most current home theater systems, even those in 500-1000+ range. I bought 4 wall mounts for them off ebay for $17 and optical digital cables and HDMI cables for 1.25-2.50. Also I assembled 3 computers with decent video cards off pieces from other people upgrades that I got for free, so I will donate my two older P4 systems to school near by. I bought brand new dishwasher this summer off some sort of wherehouse close-out for $130 with many premium features. Oh, I bought used DB8 antenna for $45 this summer to add to my CM4221 and now I can receive all US channels with confidence and point CM4221 to hamilton so I pay $0 for my cable/satelite. Not to mention that my workplace provides me with newest Iphone every 3 years and pays for cell plan.
With cineplex GC I got I would rather go to the movies since BD is a holiday and I dont need to burn any of my (many) vacation days. Ho-ho-ho! Happy New Year!
You may want to invest in a keyboard with a working "Enter" key this holiday season :)
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a lot of stuff I really shouldn't have... now I regret reading the deals. (heh)
Aug 28, 2007
191 posts
17 upvotes
ipxxx wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 1:09 pm
You may want to invest in a keyboard with a working "Enter" key this holiday season :)
+1
Nov 22, 2010
649 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
+1. slept in like boxing day never happened.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1807 posts
161 upvotes
+1. Didn't even go out, was fed well by the lady and that also led to an extra nap or two. No credit card bills coming this year, Christmas has never been better.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3147 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't go to any major mall for BD

I didn't need anything like clothes or shoes or other attire

Didn't need electronics either and no big purchases like TV or sound system

I just went to Walmart in the afternoon (as I new they would have lots of stock for the week long BD sales) and picked up some kitchen stuff like baking pans, Pyrex, and also fabric softener

Might go to the mall tomorrow and check out Yorkdale

Haven't been since they opened a few new stores like Microsoft, fiskar
Selling My Detailing Supplies (Zymol Wash Sponge, Foam Cannon, Foam Gun):
car-detailing-products-nothing-otc-1172338/
Attentiv To Detailz - Car Detailing Review Thread:
attentiv-detailz-car-detailing-review-1129315/
Aug 12, 2006
105 posts
7 upvotes
i only went to purchase 3 dress shirts at about 25$ each because i needed them, knew that nothing else would be good so i left right after the purchase.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2008
1303 posts
237 upvotes
Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
ipxxx wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 1:09 pm
LOL! I was going to say the same thing. Really hard to read without white space in the text.

Anyways....Went and ventured out to the mall but absolutely nothing resembling a good deal to be had. Ended up buying a block of smoked cheddar from the Hickory Farms Kiosk at 50% off.
Mar 12, 2007
584 posts
64 upvotes
Kingston
Was looking for PS3, but ended up with grocery shopping only, ho ho ho...
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1358 posts
421 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Slept till 2pm with no regrets. Can't wait till these fake sales are over so I can start Saving money again. What a joke.
× < >