Page 1 of 1

Anybody heard of the Hankook Aurora W403 tires from Walmart ?

Posted: Oct 1st, 2009 9:14 pm
by look30
I saw the latest flyer from Walmart and they have Hankook Aurora tires but can't find any reviews...
..anybody has any knowledge to share?

Re: Anybody heard of the Hankook Aurora W403 tires from Walmart ?

Posted: Oct 1st, 2009 9:41 pm
by baillieul
Saw them in the store earlier this week and they look like the regular Hankook W403. Pretty good tire from what I can see.

Does the flier have any new/sale pricing?

Posted: Oct 1st, 2009 10:08 pm
by DavidY
These are winter, right? I looked at them yesterday....didn't see the mountain with snowflake symbol. I was just walking by. Already bought winters last season.

Dave

Posted: Oct 2nd, 2009 12:57 am
by look30
Not so good according to the Russians but theire sold by Walmart so no surprise here, saving you money even if that would cost you your life.... :

The Aurora W403 made by Hankook came second last with really nasty comments from the russian reviewer:

[IMG]http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/memb ... aurora.jpg[/IMG]

Country of Assembly of Korea
Dimension 185/65 R15
Speed index T (190 km / h)
Tread depth 10,3 mm
Type thorns Sitek M2 8x11
The height of the working part spikes 1,01-1,21 mm

Brand Aurora appeared a few years ago, and it belongs to the Korean company Hankook. Tires Aurora W403 us already know - this year, as before, the enthusiasm they have not caused. And on the ice and snow traction characteristics - mediocre. On the icy road handling car all the time slip - during acceleration, braking, to cornering. Slightly higher speed - and the car rams drifts on the roadside.

At the snow situation is slightly better, but to be dispersed in this too fails - failure in the slip comes too early. On the highway, too, no good - the car is constantly on the prowl ruts, shy away to the right and left. To keep the car on a straight line to taxi all the time.

Yet a couple of pleasant surprises tires Aurora prepared. First, it is excellent resistance to slushy conditions - directional tread pattern with wide grooves "herringbone" excellent job with the challenge of slush contact patch. Second, excellent braking performance on wet asphalt: the best result if we do not take into account non studded tires Nokian WR, designed for mild central European winter.

Yet the choice of tires Aurora W403 winter operation is extremely difficult to justify. After the snow and ice Hankook Kumho or better ...

- Inhibitory properties on the asphalt
- High resistance slashpleningu

- Coupling properties of ice and snow
- Control on the ice and snow
- Low stability when driving in winter road

whole article here :

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... b1QKcPfqJw