None
Jan 4, 2010
113 posts
33 upvotes
Waterloo
2002 Honda Accord V6 307,000km daily beater
Castrol Synthetic since I got it
Car has been through 5 owners
I picked up the car from a friend last year when she bought a new car. The engine sounded great and no transmission slip (common problem in that year)
Had to fix the O2 sensor and replace the gas tank. Put in 40,000 km since, drove to Tobermory a couple of times. I think I poked a hole in the gas line going a little winter off-roading with it. Got that replaced, now I think there is a muffler leak. Car is probably gonna run until it rust out.

My dad drove a couple of 2009-2010 siennas and a 2014 odessey that has 300-500k. He currently drives a 2015 Nissan Nv3500 and that monster has 200k.
Jul 8, 2017
38 posts
48 upvotes
Moms 2001 civic has 335k km. She has done only oil changes and replacing the battery since owning it in 2009. Runs solid
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
4450 posts
2826 upvotes
Montreal
Seems legit, I believe everything I read on RFD automotive, 40 pages of anecdotal unverifiable tales and barely a photo of the dash to at least be somewhat credible, 'I have this, I have that...' How difficult is it to upload a photo of the dash to at least make some of these posts credible? Here is my milestone, only 200,001 to go..

Oct 3, 2008
354 posts
108 upvotes
Canada
So I retired my 99 accord for $200 to a couple with financial trouble, the thing had 380,000KM and still running, though not running well. It would quit when driving every once in a while I still had no idea what was causing it. But Anyways, picked up a fancy 2009 Acura TL AWD and my god is it so much nicer. It just rolled 200,000KM and drives like a dream. People and myself are very surprised that its a 2009, it aged very well. I'm curious what it will look like at 380,000KM... ill report back in 8 years Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 27, 2016
14 posts
5 upvotes
Yet another Accord here. Scrapped it last month. It was a 5-speed 4-cylinder. I loved this car.

Sep 24, 2016
7 posts
9 upvotes
P_20170928_122446_vHDR_Auto.jpg
98 BMW 528i @ 369,800kms

- Bought her super cheap in late 2011 as a winter beater with 240,000
- Previous single owner, dealer maintained
- I work on my cars but aside from wear and tear items (tires, brakes, oil, 1x starter,1x alternator, lowering springs + front struts) no major breakdowns
- Most of the mileage has been city going back and forth to work so I'm a bit astonished she's still going
- This winter will be her last as she is being replaced by another 5 series
- The inline 6 E39s are the greatest damn car BMW ever built pound for pound
- Can't say the same about an E60 M5 I owned for three years.. Great fun but a massive massive money pit.
Jan 4, 2010
113 posts
33 upvotes
Waterloo
wow that paint and body still looked good on that Accord.
Oh you should see mine, let me get a picture of it tomorrow. The peeling black paint looks almost like a camo job Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 27, 2015
166 posts
37 upvotes
British Columbia
I got 2004 Acura RSX-S. Just hit 313xxx kms and something is rattling in the transmission. Only when the steering wheel is turned to the left but not right.
Probably 2 or 3 grand fix? Need new tires also
Still drives real smooth. Just the rattling is bad.
I owned it for 9 years. Would buy another Honda in a heart beat. Previous owner apparently had turbo charged it and I didn't know. I bought from Honda dealership too.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4816 posts
940 upvotes
Mississauga
chilli604 wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 2:11 am
I got 2004 Acura RSX-S. Just hit 313xxx kms and something is rattling in the transmission. Only when the steering wheel is turned to the left but not right.
I owned it for 9 years. Would buy another Honda in a heart beat. Previous owner apparently had turbo charged it and I didn't know. I bought from Honda dealership too.
Are you sure it's transmission or CV joint?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
7909 posts
1959 upvotes
Brampton
bixaman wrote:
Sep 28th, 2017 12:39 pm
P_20170928_122446_vHDR_Auto.jpg

98 BMW 528i @ 369,800kms

- Bought her super cheap in late 2011 as a winter beater with 240,000
- Previous single owner, dealer maintained
- I work on my cars but aside from wear and tear items (tires, brakes, oil, 1x starter,1x alternator, lowering springs + front struts) no major breakdowns
- Most of the mileage has been city going back and forth to work so I'm a bit astonished she's still going
- This winter will be her last as she is being replaced by another 5 series
- The inline 6 E39s are the greatest damn car BMW ever built pound for pound
- Can't say the same about an E60 M5 I owned for three years.. Great fun but a massive massive money pit.
Pretty damn solid Drive train. How did you keep the subframe from rotting?
Jul 30, 2010
987 posts
109 upvotes
chilli604 wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 2:11 am
Ya, sounds like CV axle/joint. Park the car, turn the wheel all the way (to give you access), grab the CV Axles and give it a shake (I believe it should be the passenger side in your case but check both)...it should be very easy to notice if the joint rattles at all. If it's the CV joint, it will only get worse until you have a disastrous crash while driving as the joint fails and wheel jams one way, probably destroying your ball joints, tie rod and entire hub at the same time.

Get that looked it asap.

Edit: CV Axles can cost between 50-100 bucks on RockAuto and take a skilled mechanic a couple hours to change everything. My first one took me 4 hours as I didn't have a puller and struggled to find a way to pry the axle out of the tranny (not a lot of room down there for pry bars). I don't know what a shop would charge for this.
Jul 27, 2015
166 posts
37 upvotes
British Columbia
Thanks for the advice team. I took it to 2 mechanics. 1 of them said ball joint and wheel bearing. So i fixed that for 380 and left the shop. Problem still exist. So I went back and bitched at them and never returned.
Took it to 2nd mechanic and they said a bearing inside the tranny. The rattling also only happens when I'm in GEAR. But when I'm in neutral or have the clutch pedal pressed down. The problem is gone.
Sep 24, 2016
7 posts
9 upvotes
tebore wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 8:43 am
Pretty damn solid Drive train. How did you keep the subframe from rotting?
No issues with subframes on 5 series. 3 series from early 2000's had problems with rear mounts.
Cosmetic rust on the otherhand.. :(

I picked up another cheap but newer 5 series and man the lack of rust is refreshing.. They switched to aluminum for most body panels and used composites for others (like side skirts). Finding nearly zero rust on an 8 year canadian car is weird.
Bad news is they didn't stop there and extended plastic usage all over powertrain. I'm fairly convinced this car won't make it to 370,000km, it's much more fragile.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
7909 posts
1959 upvotes
Brampton
bixaman wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 4:28 pm
No issues with subframes on 5 series. 3 series from early 2000's had problems with rear mounts.
Cosmetic rust on the otherhand.. :(

I picked up another cheap but newer 5 series and man the lack of rust is refreshing.. They switched to aluminum for most body panels and used composites for others (like side skirts). Finding nearly zero rust on an 8 year canadian car is weird.
Bad news is they didn't stop there and extended plastic usage all over powertrain. I'm fairly convinced this car won't make it to 370,000km, it's much more fragile.
Right I had that mixed up. The 5 series of that vintage had rocker and wheel well rust issues I believe.

Like they say they don't make em like they used to.