Cell Phones

For anyone asking if their phone is compatible with a certain carrier or country

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2017 8:35 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2674 posts
228 upvotes

For anyone asking if their phone is compatible with a certain carrier or country

I see posts pop up every week with someone asking if device X works with carrier or country Y. Lots of RFD'ers are willing to help which is nice.

However, I recommend people check https://willmyphonework.net and use it as a guide/reference. You might want to double-check with the device homepage and/or carrier site but that tool is a good reference.
Last edited by TheRide on Feb 23rd, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Feb 16, 2009
826 posts
20 upvotes
Very nice site, thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
3764 posts
183 upvotes
Calgary
Much thanks! Definitely nice if this can be stickied.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Sep 27, 2003
8176 posts
1552 upvotes
Newmarket
I've stuck the thread -- there are enough inquiries here about phone / network compatibilities.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1191 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My mom is planning on bringing back a phone from Asia to use on Rogers. She still has the old flip phone. I been trying to tell her not all phones will work. This is good. Thanks.
Jan 15, 2014
529 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for posting this link as it worked great for the purchase of a new Verzion Moto X.

Cheers
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1065 posts
26 upvotes
this site shows that my phone is not compatible with wind mobile. lol. I use my phone with wind mobile
https://i.imgur.com/IfIbzSp.png

Huawei Ascend G7 - Carrier Frequencies Canada, Wind

Sub-Model

2G

3G

4G LTE

G7-L01

Result Carrier Network does not support 2G

Result Device not compatible

Result Carrier Network does not support 4G LTE

G7-L03

Result Device not compatible

Result Carrier Network does not support 4G LTE

G7-TL00

if you dont have an answer, dont repond to my thread.
I need answers, and thats why i use redflagdeals forums.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2674 posts
228 upvotes
junkone wrote:
Apr 9th, 2016 8:33 pm
this site shows that my phone is not compatible with wind mobile.
I'm guessing that they probably don't have your model listed. Use the contact form on the site. I've used it in the past to request models.

P.S. Sucks that your screen shattered.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6688 posts
2158 upvotes
Markham
In anticipation of Wind's upcoming LTE network and the flood of "will this work with Wind LTE" posts...

http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-v20-be ... te-network

Band 66 is the key word. LG V20 is the only phone at the moment. Didn't specify which variant though.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Banned
Oct 27, 2016
34 posts
9 upvotes
It is actually a very useful site. I'm going to go to Tbilisi, Georgia and was not sure if my smartphone iPhone 6S plus, purchased in Canada, will work properly with the Georgian carriers. It turned out all right, 4G will also be available. Frankly, I lost some time seeking the iPhone in list of brands, but then I realized that I need to look for Apple :).