Cell Phones

For anyone asking if their phone is compatible with a certain carrier or country

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2017 4:05 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 30, 2016
4 posts
1 upvote
Thank you very much, the site easy to use, helpful.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1337 posts
116 upvotes
Thanks for the thread! I created my own thread asking about this just now and then deleted it after I saw this sticky haha.
Mar 17, 2008
82 posts
9 upvotes
For those just wanting to use their phone in another country (or even in Canada) on a different service, the KnowRoaming SIM or sticker is a great option. More info on their site knowroaming.com. One option is their Global SIM and the other is their global sticker that adds and ultra thin sim to your existing sim. Costs are $9.95 and $29.95 resp., but with promo offers widely available you can get 30% off. (If you can use my code (PM me) when purchasing we will both also get a $5.00 credit!) You then also get various other promotional credits. The sticker version comes with $10.00 credit voucher and with both, by the time you get all the promotional credits, the sim really costs nothing. Works in 200 countries. You do need an unlocked GSM smartphone. Basically becomes a prepaid phone with rates competitive with local rates offered by major carriers. In Canada, my K-R phone is on Rogers or Bell most of the time and in USA AT&T & T-Mobile, but depends just where you are.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
2813 posts
144 upvotes
Thanked.
FYI, when clicking the link it goes back to the main forum page for me, please fix, of course can just type it in a browser and that works :).
TheRide wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2015 9:54 am
I see posts pop up every week with someone asking if device X works with carrier or country Y. Lots of RFD'ers are willing to help which is nice.

However, I recommend people check www.willmyphonework.net and use it as a guide/reference. You might want to double-check with the device homepage and/or carrier site but that tool is a good reference.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2655 posts
209 upvotes
Cress wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 12:49 am
Thanked.
FYI, when clicking the link it goes back to the main forum page for me, please fix, of course can just type it in a browser and that works :).
Thanks. I'm not sure why that's happening (happened for other URLs here) but I edited the post and it seems to work now. Cheers.
Jan 22, 2017
44 posts
1 upvote
is this accurate??
it says my bell iphone 7 will work on freedom wireless LTE??
Nov 19, 2013
6 posts
Toronto
If it shows that the only compatible band is Band7-2600MHz for LTE network with Rogers, does that mean the network might not be very stable?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel