• Oct 18th, 2004 4:38 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 29, 2003
753 posts
55 upvotes

anyone been to star walk buffet?

anyone here been to star walk buffet in scarborough?

thinking of going here for my birthday next week and would appreciate some feedback of your experiences.

thanks!

http://www.starwalkbuffet.com/
27 replies
Sep 6, 2003
899 posts
2 upvotes
pauline9_2000 wrote:anyone here been to star walk buffet in scarborough?

thinking of going here for my birthday next week and would appreciate some feedback of your experiences.

thanks!

http://www.starwalkbuffet.com/
was there last w/e. pretty good. very good value for your money. on w/e lunch we paid $10.50 for adult with 10% off for seniors before tax and tip. good dim sum at lunch (not sure if they have it for dinner) - good variety of steamed and fried dim sum. lots of sushi but i'm not a big fan of sushi anyway but the quality looked ok...not the greatest. i found the fried foods, ie, spring rolls and chicken balls, and stir fries etc ok (i think mandarin has better quality on these items. desserts not as good as mandarin - ltd choices on cake and pastries and ice cream. but very nice dessert tofu and lots of waffles with fruit and whip cream. good service...water was always filled up. if you go at lunch, best to get there by 1pm because dim sum variety will dwindle down when they stop replacing them.
best part for me was the steamed dim sum, dessert tofu and cantonese fried rice. i think starwalk has large variety but at sacrifice on some quality (i remember seeing cold shrimp, small steaks, duck, octopus but didn't try these).
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
Best bang for your buck for asian style buffets by far imo. This includes Mandarin and Mr. Wongs etc. Great variety. Nice and clean new building.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Aug 28, 2004
21 posts
One of the best.
Great variety and wonderful tasting food.
Also prices aren't that bad.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2004
1415 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
place is not bad, good selection of food.
Aug 26, 2003
216 posts
ya, starwalk is a better place for buffet than the other big "asian buffets" like mandarin and buffet king IMHO
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2069 posts
99 upvotes
freakygirl wrote:ya, starwalk is a better place for buffet than the other big "asian buffets" like mandarin and buffet king IMHO
I remember like a year or 2 ago, they used to have crabs for dinner.. went back recently and they don't have it anymore :( ..
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
3815 posts
8 upvotes
Yeah, I pretty much concur with what most people are saying. It's a pretty good value (I think $9 or something during lunch??). Pretty good selection of food, quality's not bad either. Certainly worth going to :cool:
i think this line's mostly filler
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2699 posts
99 upvotes
GTA
starwalk is kools
my friend works there
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
2451 posts
9 upvotes
Starwalk > China Buffet King > Mandarin > All the other Asian buffets

IMO
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
China Buffet King has better desserts but Starwalk has better non-desserts.

I just love eating their peking duck
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5178 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
thanks for the recommendation guys.
ill try to get my friends to go too one of these days.
this is the one across pacific mall right ?
[OP]
Nov 29, 2003
753 posts
55 upvotes
great responses everyone, i'm really impressed so far. i will definitely go to star walk for a birthday lunch buffet based on your opinions.

thanks again!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
1674 posts
2 upvotes
WORSE PLACE EVER!!!
this is by far the worse place i ate this year and i've eaten at a lot of places.

1. fly in the soup
2. sticker still on the fruit (inappropriate)
3. cracked/chipped plates/bowls (against restaurant violation)
4. horrible service

1. when i complained about the fly in the soup...the guy just said "oh ya? and walked away) manager came, didn't do anything, basically said the same thing as the waiter, except for he added "**** happens" when u leave the cover open.
not an apology or anything.
2. this bothers me when you have self serve fruit, and im not talking about the whole fruit that they put there on display, im talking about the fruit salad that's already cut into pieces. how can they have the sticker on those little pieces in the fruit salad.
3. i won't complain too much since a lot of places have it, but i'd expect more from a place which they call themselves somewhat fine asian buffet style dining.
4. as described in #1, plain horrible, no offered any type of assistance. the workers were eating dinner the table next to us and ignored us, i realize they have to eat too but i thought they weren't suppose to eat while customers were still there, and especially not ignore them when they need some service.
they were basically taking the food that was left and customers still wanted more. really inappropriate.

food was mediocre, they never refilled any of the more expensive dishes. everything was first come first serve, rush rush type of buffet where people would push over an old lady to get the last piece of sashimi....a little exaggerated but that's the feeling you get when you eat there.