anyone been to star walk buffet?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2004 4:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
I've never encountered any of what you said - doesnt mean it never happens.

Did you happen to go on a weekday, or at lunch hour? I usually go on weekends and service is good.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2001
1345 posts
44 upvotes
This place is OK for food but not great.

It is crowded, the bathroom is FILTHY! I think somebody barfed/diariaed when I was there and after 1 hour it was still there. YUK.

My girlfriend found an eye lash inside her sushi.

I liked the dim sum but the line was too long.

Overall, an OK buffet but the bathroom was just too much. :o

Won't get fooled again...no no.
All is not golde that outward shewith bright...lydgate
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18192 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
Last few experiences were good. Has real chinese food unlike Mandarin. You can tell by the number of chinese people vs. white people seated.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4853 posts
282 upvotes
yeah I had an awful experience as well. There was a fly in the soup.. those tofu desert soups it was just swimming in there. Their food doesn't taste very good, not much selection (mandarin is better). All there expensive stuff they put out like once every half hour in the smallest quantities so you'll never get anything good. I think mandarin is worth the price, the fact that white people would go there means that its standards are up to par. And it took forever to get drink refills, the waiters weren't doing anything there was nobody doing anything, it was awful.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7036 posts
89 upvotes
Nepean
went there with gf ...it was meh
not the best selection of food, ..dun really like it
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty bad; the food is really stale, and I felt sick on most trips there.

The meat especially is pretty rubbery...ugh.

Recommendation: I went to Tucker's Market for Thanksgiving, and it was really good. Quite pricey, but if 1+ of your party has a birthday, they eat for free and it works out quite well.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
2454 posts
9 upvotes
M-e-X-x wrote:went there once.. lunch was ass.. dim sum for buffet lunch? come on! dinner might be a different story but whatever, not going there again
Are you being sarcastic?

When else are you supposed to eat dim sum?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
I've never seen hair in the food before, and yes the washroom is as crummy as other restaurants I've been to.

I find that mandarin has more variety but each of their dishes doesnt taste very good.

To each their own I suppose - starwalk is constantly full on weekends so if what these other ppl say is constantly happening then surely ppl would stop coming to that place.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5434 posts
221 upvotes
Mississauga
actyper wrote:Are you being sarcastic?

When else are you supposed to eat dim sum?
true, but why have dim sum at a buffet? that's pretty much all that was there... if i wanted dim sum, i'd go to a restaurant that has in-house dim sum chefs instead of a place that probably gets their dim sum prepared somewhere else and then it's brought over for cooking
Sep 20, 2004
122 posts
Speaking of buffets ...

Something similar that is out now are those Japanese All You Can Eats. There are several in the Richmondhill area. At first I didn't know what to expect, but it turned out to be alright. Obviously it's not the best quality since it's more about quantity. However, if you like sashimi and sushi you can't really go wrong with all you can eat I guess.

Also if you like Shabu Shabu, there's a great place just outside of Market Village (Markham) called "Rolling Pot". All you can eat hot pot and it's really good!
What would Quagmire say about all these great deals?

"Giggedy, giggedy, giggedy ... ALLLLLLLL RIGHT"
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3395 posts
8 upvotes
Starwalk is pretty average, however the real food there is a lot better than Mandarins, and I think it's a couple dollars cheaper, however I like Mandarin's desserts a lot more.
:mad: :lol: