• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2010 9:07 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2002
1168 posts
Toronto

Anyone belong to Goodlife Fitness?

Am thinking about possibly joining a fitness club with a friend of mine and somebody we know suggested Goodlife. Am wondering if anyone has any reviews or comments(good or bad).

Thanks in advance.

BTW Am looking at the Victoria Terrace location in Scarborough if anyone has any location specific comments. :)
"Have a good time, ALL the time!!!" - Spinal Tap
My HoFo Feedback
My Heatware
39 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm a member in Mississauga (south Common). Nice gym, kept up to date. Lots of cardio. They really push the services i.e. personal training/consulting, which for some people can be a good thing. Been in business a long time, lots of locations, so I dont think you can go wrong.
I've been a member (occasionally an employee) at many other gyms
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8005 posts
407 upvotes
I've been a member for 5 years now... excellent facilities and well worth the $23/mth i pay. I used to go to the downtown one but it's way too crowded... i'm always at the Victoria Terrance one now (5-6/week). Excellent service and free movie rentals :) ) Some 'lookers' work there as well but don't tell my gf ;) Maybe i'll bump into you there... i'm the lone tall asian ;)
xopt1js wrote:Am thinking about possibly joining a fitness club with a friend of mine and somebody we know suggested Goodlife. Am wondering if anyone has any reviews or comments(good or bad).

Thanks in advance.

BTW Am looking at the Victoria Terrace location in Scarborough if anyone has any location specific comments. :)
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Oct 12, 2004
659 posts
1 upvote
sleepyguy wrote:I've been a member for 5 years now... excellent facilities and well worth the $23/mth i pay. I used to go to the downtown one but it's way too crowded... i'm always at the Victoria Terrance one now (5-6/week). Excellent service and free movie rentals :) ) Some 'lookers' work there as well but don't tell my gf ;) Maybe i'll bump into you there... i'm the lone tall asian ;)
How did you get 23/month? Any chance a new user could get in on that deal?
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
freethebees wrote:How did you get 23/month? Any chance a new user could get in on that deal?
They have a lot of corporate memberships, see if someone you know works for qa company that has a deal with them and can slide you in...or call them and tell them to call your HR dept and set one up with your corp
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Sep 9, 2003
904 posts
95 upvotes
i find goodlife expensive ... crowded .. lack room and equipment

been to the one in waterloo, chatham, richmondhill, markham

i'm at extreme now ... tho still crowded .. but we have b-ball and swim'n pool and tons of equipment and goodlife offered me $600's per year

i'm paying $512 at extreme with towel service

bad part ... limited locations for extreme fitness
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8005 posts
407 upvotes
long time ago... i had to pay some initiation fee (not too much) and was on a corporate plan. it's gone up since then... i used to play $18/mth. I don't mind though... they are improving their facilities.

family memberships are really good... i also pay for my gf and her bro... she pays 24/mth and he pays 22/mth... with like $79 initiation... very cheap.
freethebees wrote:How did you get 23/month? Any chance a new user could get in on that deal?
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8596 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
sleepyguy wrote:long time ago... i had to pay some initiation fee (not too much) and was on a corporate plan. it's gone up since then... i used to play $18/mth. I don't mind though... they are improving their facilities.

family memberships are really good... i also pay for my gf and her bro... she pays 24/mth and he pays 22/mth... with like $79 initiation... very cheap.
solid deal

anything under 30 for a gym a month is good

i've got that now too..i'm paying 24 i think? except you dont' really get anything out of your membership unless you actually.like go..i'm in such a slump

i'll head out after work today.

going to victerrace prolly friday ..mabbe..prolly ..after 5 ish..hrm.i was a lone asian guy there on sunday after 11ish..i saw one other asian there..mabbe u sleepymod?

its a nice gym

of all the one's i've tried: extreme/balleys/community centre clubs

GOODLIFE is the best..friendly staff..clean place..not too 'intimadting' too.

extreme is full of ridiculously huge guys/girls who benchpress 200 pounds with their finger..meh..not really for me.and its damn exp..too busy

balley's..friend had a rough time their with their admin work..got messed up with a contract etc. REAL bad cust. service really bad..too busy not that clean.

community centre isn't bad..lotsa old ppl usually..smaller place tho'.less machines..not as clean at all..cheaper.

goodlife is like good median in b/w everything. DEFINATELY recommend it.

erm.get a family plan if possible.if you have kids (friends even) or look into corporate plans.

good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8005 posts
407 upvotes
actually there are quite a few asians at the victerr location. I'm usually there 5-6/week... can't miss me... i'm always in a ball cap of some kind :) usually work out between 7 or 10. weekends i'm in around noon-3pm. :)
CHINAdeals wrote:solid deal

anything under 30 for a gym a month is good

i've got that now too..i'm paying 24 i think? except you dont' really get anything out of your membership unless you actually.like go..i'm in such a slump

i'll head out after work today.

going to victerrace prolly friday ..mabbe..prolly ..after 5 ish..hrm.i was a lone asian guy there on sunday after 11ish..i saw one other asian there..mabbe u sleepymod?

its a nice gym

of all the one's i've tried: extreme/balleys/community centre clubs

GOODLIFE is the best..friendly staff..clean place..not too 'intimadting' too.

extreme is full of ridiculously huge guys/girls who benchpress 200 pounds with their finger..meh..not really for me.and its damn exp..too busy

balley's..friend had a rough time their with their admin work..got messed up with a contract etc. REAL bad cust. service really bad..too busy not that clean.

community centre isn't bad..lotsa old ppl usually..smaller place tho'.less machines..not as clean at all..cheaper.

goodlife is like good median in b/w everything. DEFINATELY recommend it.

erm.get a family plan if possible.if you have kids (friends even) or look into corporate plans.

good luck!
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Aug 26, 2003
216 posts
Demon_Twinz wrote:i'm at extreme now ... tho still crowded .. but we have b-ball and swim'n pool and tons of equipment and goodlife offered me $600's per year
yeah i agree with chinadeals. I heard there are a lot of big muscle men at extreme too... is that true? :cheesygri
Aug 26, 2003
216 posts
CHINAdeals wrote:GOODLIFE is the best..friendly staff..clean place..not too 'intimadting' too.
dont know about that. i have a friend who is a member, and one time brought me (a non-member) into goodlife for a trial workout. the reception people were really rude, telling me they dont offer that kind of service and giving my friend an attitude for bringing someone in.

well, i guess they just lost a potential member!
Deal Addict
May 9, 2005
1691 posts
3 upvotes
I'm at goodlife , main reason why is because there's one in the same location as my workplace. Costs me 50/month , kinda expensive but sometimes the locker room for the guys area can get nasty especially around the winter season , the floor's always wet from all the snow , lucky i live close to the gym too so sometimes i skip the shower and go home to shower.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8005 posts
407 upvotes
there are the few bulkers at victerr that come regularly... i like that they come... good inspiration when you see them incline 140lb dumbells :)
freakygirl wrote:yeah i agree with chinadeals. I heard there are a lot of big muscle men at extreme too... is that true? :cheesygri
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Sep 8, 2004
15 posts
Used to work at Extreme and a good thing that I got employee discount for personal training session at $25 (regular is $75).

Yes, there are lots of big guys but there are also nice toned gals there as well which is an inspiration and gets me into a working out mood.

It can get very packed during the busy hour of 4-8.

I've been to a community centre, and the Athletic Club and still like Extreme bc of the atmosphere, design of the place, and of course the ppl/employees.
Sep 10, 2005
136 posts
GTA
Demon_Twinz wrote:i find goodlife expensive ... crowded .. lack room and equipment

been to the one in waterloo, chatham, richmondhill, markham

i'm at extreme now ... tho still crowded .. but we have b-ball and swim'n pool and tons of equipment and goodlife offered me $600's per year

i'm paying $512 at extreme with towel service

bad part ... limited locations for extreme fitness
vic terrace goodlife is NOT cramped ... very roomy .. and can't beat the $17/month membership rate.