Home & Garden

Anyone buy a fridge at costco? Question about delivery?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2018 10:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
1252 posts
69 upvotes
Montreal

Anyone buy a fridge at costco? Question about delivery?

I'm kind of shocked Canadian costco cheaped out on the delivery company they use. Costco Canada says they dont take the doors off and says we have to. The Costco's in the US take the doors off or whatnot to get it in the house. Either costco customer service is misinformed or they use some crappy delivery service. Can anyone elaborate with experience?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
4522 posts
1467 upvotes
Paris
Mike2000z28 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 3:38 pm
I'm kind of shocked Canadian costco cheaped out on the delivery company they use. Costco Canada says they dont take the doors off and says we have to. The Costco's in the US take the doors off or whatnot to get it in the house. Either costco customer service is misinformed or they use some crappy delivery service. Can anyone elaborate with experience?
Its carrier specific. My cousin used to run Home Depot’s appliance delivery and your experience in Montreal would be different than someone in Quebec City or Langley BC. Different contractors have different contracts.

Also, I assume you meant the fridge doors, not your front door?
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
1252 posts
69 upvotes
Montreal
Correct the fridge doors. Costco says LG direct ships so we called and they said it depends on the company who delivers it. It makes zero sense not to include it or leave it up to chance or even charge a fee. Just seems odd for the big boys to include it down south and in Canada leave it out. One would think they negotiate it that with the carrier when they chose their appliance delivery companies.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9028 posts
1682 upvotes
Somewhere
I bought a fridge from Costco a few months ago.

I was chatting with the (very friendly) delivery people who confirmed they will take doors off if need be.

I am in the GTA.
:confused:
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
4522 posts
1467 upvotes
Paris
Mike2000z28 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 11:02 am
Correct the fridge doors. Costco says LG direct ships so we called and they said it depends on the company who delivers it. It makes zero sense not to include it or leave it up to chance or even charge a fee. Just seems odd for the big boys to include it down south and in Canada leave it out. One would think they negotiate it that with the carrier when they chose their appliance delivery companies.
I doubt its included with all carriers in the US once you dig into it.

So call LG and ask who their local delivery company is, then call and ask them. Costco might be playing CYA.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
May 28, 2007
296 posts
76 upvotes
Peterborough
Bought an lg from costco online. They took doors off and moved my old fridge to basement as a beer fridge. Ontario delivery. Costco called to confirm details and they csr added it to the instructions.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
1261 posts
661 upvotes
Montreal
If delivering in Montreal within a couple of weeks of July 1st, they will neither take off house doors nor refrigerator doors.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)