Cell Phones

Anyone buy a phone from toronto.cellular on ebay?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2018 8:05 pm
Tags:
Jun 3, 2012
393 posts
65 upvotes
Scarborough
For anyone who has found this thread after googling it: AVOID TORONTO.CELLULAR. HE IS A SCAMMER WHO SELLS DEFECTIVE PHONES. He has a perfect ebay score because he appeals negative feedback.
Jan 15, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
I filed a complaint through Better business bureau (the company goes by eme solutions). It didn't personally get me any kind of resolution, but I figured filing a complaint might help warn others.
Jun 3, 2012
393 posts
65 upvotes
Scarborough
spencerq wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 11:21 pm
I have bought from them just under 60 days ago. The phone is a LG G4 the was advertised as factory unlocked ,10/10 condition, and works on all major networks except Wind. I am on Koodo and the phone has issues connecting to the network for phone calls. Texting is no problem but when I make a call it just hangs and then drops eventually. This particular phone is an AT&T phone so it will not work on some LTE networks in Canada, Telus being one that can be spotty. Since Koodo works off Telus towers where I live LTE doesn't work and only when it drops to 4G can I make and receive calls. Its bizarre I know so I contacted Toronto Cellular and he gave me other APNs to use with no success.

The phone I received was in great cosmetic condition but it can't make calls so I was going to exercise the 60 day refund or 90 day warranty he had on the ad, but NOPE. They had no problem returning emails until I asked for a different phone and when he did not respond then I asked for a different phone or a refund, no response. I did a return item on ebay and they denied it within minutes. So I am going to paypal now to see what they will do if anything.

After this experience I would not buy anything like this over ebay again. Im not saying that all these companies are scammers, like Toronto Cellular, or that all phones are junk but the entire sales and advertising process that Toronto Cellular has to entice you to buy from them is a out right lie and the worst part about it is that Ebay doesn't care. I was shocked that ebay came back so quickly and denied me, because it is plainly written on the ad what he is selling and his return policy and everything I am doing has been within the time limits he provides in his ad.

There are other comments on RF about this company and I wish that I read them before I bought. Ebay will not let you rate if you put in for a dispute, so he gets away with this one. The other thread on RF all about this company and their ethics. Its too bad because I thought ebay was reputable, I guess not.

Update:

Ebay gave me the reason they denied my claim in that it was outside their 30 money back guaranty. What ever Ebay, just look at his ad and hold his toes to the fire for his actions and marketing. Anyway the Paypal process is working so far because Toronto Cellular is communicating NICELY with me again from ignoring me within ebay, no protection from Pay pal for him so far. Anyway will update.

Update: Paypal says I get my money back if I return the phone within 10 days of their return email to the address PO Box in Toronto they provide and is a CONFIRMED address by Toronto Cellular. Canada Post screws up the shipment back and tells me the PO Box has been closed by the seller for months and they are holding MULTIPLE packages for the seller because he is a nice guy with NO SCANS indicating a hold or that the box is closed. I put in a high level complaint with Canada Post stating Mail Fraud and they send me a letter of apology and say ALL packages will be returned to sender, indicating BOX CLOSED. I called Paypal and told them of the box closed situation and they say to get them the RTS scan (return to sender) and I will have my money. Upon returning my package Canada Posts scanners "malfunction" ( conveniently ) and cannot give me a return scan, so when you track the tracking number to this day it still says processing in Toronto. I send Pay pal the letter Canada Post management sent me indicting the mail fraud and the fake address that the seller is using and gave paypal to return product. It is not good enough and they deny my claim because I did not get that final scan from Canada Post saying RTS or Delivered, that you can see on the internet when using the common track and trace. If I called Canada Post customer service they have the RTS scan in their system but Paypay needs the internet scan.

Now I am working with my credit card company to get the money back.

This has been the worst experience but I not going to let Toronto Cellular get away with this. The Canada Post debacle was the weirdest part of this whole ordeal: no scans, box closed, scanners conveniently down when I need them the most, no final scan to get my money back, holding parcels without scans indicating why because the seller is a nice guy!!?? All these decisions by the Canada post employee are against all their policies, and for good reason! These are firing offences within Canada Post, and I know this 100% because Im a letter Carrier (10 years) with them and I can tell you that if I ever left parcels behind without scanning them for a reason , that is called delay of mail, holding them for some guy with a fake address, that is called mail fraud, major suspension or fired. So for all the people that this happened to in Oct 2017, and apparently their were a lot of boxes at the station waiting for Mr. Nice guy to pick up, call Canada Post and voice your concerns.

update Dec 22 2017:

I think I'm at the end of all of it thank God! The charge back from the credit card company went through fine and it has been almost a month and there has been no Paypal dispute. I looked on my paypal account and it said dispute was closed so I finally got all my money back. It took months and a lot of leg work for $229! Was it worth it?? I spent way more time on this than its worth monetarily, but my hope is that anyone who wants to buy a phone off this POS is aware of what they are getting into. A lot of people would of just given up and that's how he makes money....Off working the system. Maybe he will change his ways and be a more ethical business person in the future, who knows. All I know is that I won you a$$hole (middle finger sticking up right now!)
I'm glad it worked out for you. He tries to use his limited understanding of the law to threaten folks from proceeding with disputes. Do not be intimidated. If he has sold you a defective phone, escalate the situation to ebay, paypal, your CC company, etc. Eventually he will be punished.
Jun 3, 2012
393 posts
65 upvotes
Scarborough
Update on my situation: Paypal sided with me and provided me with a refund. I highly recommend that anyone who has been screwed by this guy to submit a refund claim with paypal or their credit card company. toronto.cellular will send you threatening messages/emails but it is a sign of his weakness; he knows that once you go through this process he has little chance of keeping your money.
Feb 7, 2018
1 posts
This seller is a Cheater.!!!! DO NOT BUY!!.
I purchased a Samsung Note 5 in January. After receiving the phone and having it turn on for an hour and doing a backup from my previous phone the phone died out. I put it on charge hours later try to turn the phone on and no luck. Contacted seller who immediately started accusing me of having dropped the phone Etc. In short eBay refunded me my money and seller was able to dispute and appeal by horrible review of him. Do not trust any reviews and ratings on eBay as to a previous comment I too have confirmed at eBay protects it's powersellers by removing negative reviews. Toronto cellular on eBay is a liar and cheat. Not only did I purchase the phone under the understanding that it was refurbished but having to want my pictures back out of the phone I took it to it Samsung who clearly confirmed that the phone was used and had a broken charging port hence why it would not power up and furthermore had an after-market LCD display and not an original. Save your money and don't buy
Oct 26, 2017
1 posts
Hi
Bought a Galaxy S7 from them in October, I think. Wouldn't receive data, needed a software fix. At the cell phone repair store they told me that the model # and IMEI on the back of the phone didn't match the info in "about phone". Meaning - that the phone wasn't new, as Toronto Cellular had claimed on eBay. Draw your own conclusions.
Feb 11, 2018
3 posts
Edmonton
I bought Samsung galaxy s6, sent me a bad shaped phone. It was listed as refurbished but full of dent and scratches. Didn’t even turned on and messaged him for refund, he wants me to pay for return and will only refund me 80% ; I had to fight with eBay to get refund. He has multiple IDs so if you guys buying cell phone from any seller from Toronto, make sure pay pal doesn’t say EME solutions . His other ID I came accross was ***Gizmo.Wizards*** this is same guy. He has high contacts in EBay so all negative comments are removed.
Nov 16, 2014
1 posts
1 upvote
Outremont, QC
This seller is very rude. Bought an S7 and it has performance issues with the left side of the screen from time to time. Check out this customer service.

Ok so I bought a phone October 21 and messaged you on the October 27 with problems. You called me a liar and wouldn't admit your phone was defective. I use it for work and my clients always say Im cutting out or fuzzy connection.
Show quoted text

HIS REPLY. TORONTO.CELLULAR
Go to Rogers pay triple and go there 4 months later and watch them laugh in your face
Images
  • Screenshot_20180212-235609.png
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1088 posts
291 upvotes
TBD
This is a prime example I don't purchase anything on eBay anymore. Too many shady re-sellers and not a significant enough amount of savings. Aside from major retailers like Newegg etc.