Shopping Discussion

Anyone with Canada Post experience: Mississauga to Vancouver

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2017 4:04 am
Mar 15, 2017
374 posts
144 upvotes

Anyone with Canada Post experience: Mississauga to Vancouver

Hi I ordered something from ebay.ca. Canada post shipping says item processed 4/13 then item in transit on 4/14. Both in Mississauga.
Expedited parcel.
Estimated delivery date is 4/21.
Anyone with experience with Canada Post, how long does it take normally from Mississauga to Vancouver? Sorry if its a dumb question, Im not very patient.
14 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
s7evin wrote: 3-5 business days
In what universe has it ever been 3?

Also:

My last Mississauga to Vancouver took 5 days so they blew their own time line of 4 days.
That's assuming Mississauga is Toronto.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2007
1263 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
Expedited usually won't update in-between Mississauga and Vancouver. It's going by truck, but Canada Post is pretty fast at trucking between these two locales. It is guaranteed service (most of the year), so ask the seller to put in a claim with Canada Post and refund the shipping cost if it's > 5 business days. Or suggest 50% refund on shipping because the seller has to do all the legwork with Canada Post.
Mar 15, 2017
374 posts
144 upvotes
HammerRFDer wrote: Expedited usually won't update in-between Mississauga and Vancouver. It's going by truck, but Canada Post is pretty fast at trucking between these two locales. It is guaranteed service (most of the year), so ask the seller to put in a claim with Canada Post and refund the shipping cost if it's > 5 business days. Or suggest 50% refund on shipping because the seller has to do all the legwork with Canada Post.
I got free shipping anyways. It's a parcel that needs a signature. Estimated delivery date is 4/21 same as delivery standard for now. Still at item in transit (Mississauga)
Mar 15, 2017
374 posts
144 upvotes
Still in transit for some reason. Maybe Easter long weekend has something to do with it? Can I do anything if it doesn't come under the 5 days? Shipped 4/14 so should be here on 19th...but estimated is 21st
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19733 posts
28611 upvotes
Vancouver
KnockingTheDoors wrote: Still in transit for some reason. Maybe Easter long weekend has something to do with it? Can I do anything if it doesn't come under the 5 days? Shipped 4/14 so should be here on 19th...but estimated is 21st
Of course. It's a 4-day weekend.
Mar 15, 2017
374 posts
144 upvotes
Ordered April 12th. It's in Richmond BC now so it should come tomorrow as expected delivery.
Wish they could process it faster and put it out for delivery today to Surrey
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
^ You have to take into account the Easter long weekend and other statutory holidays. SMH.
Mar 15, 2017
374 posts
144 upvotes
Becks wrote: ^ You have to take into account the Easter long weekend and other statutory holidays. SMH.
Yes of course. I just wished it came today
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
KnockingTheDoors wrote: Still in transit for some reason. Maybe Easter long weekend has something to do with it? Can I do anything if it doesn't come under the 5 days? Shipped 4/14 so should be here on 19th...but estimated is 21st
It's 5 business days.

Some services have on-time guarantee. If it does the shipper (not you) can claim the shipping costs.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Mar 15, 2017
374 posts
144 upvotes
WTF guys. It was marked as out for delivery and I checked again, someone was home to retrieve the package and sign in. It says notice left where and when to pickup. I go to my mailbox like I do daily and I find a slip with when and where I can pickup. It says tomorrow after 1pm. What a complete waste if time, they didn't even come to my door. I went to the address anyways and they told me they had too many packages to be processed, I wonder why the fu** why??? On the phone with Canada Post right now to discuss this BS
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
KnockingTheDoors wrote: WTF guys. It was marked as out for delivery and I checked again, someone was home to retrieve the package and sign in. It says notice left where and when to pickup. I go to my mailbox like I do daily and I find a slip with when and where I can pickup. It says tomorrow after 1pm. What a complete waste if time, they didn't even come to my door. I went to the address anyways and they told me they had too many packages to be processed, I wonder why the fu** why??? On the phone with Canada Post right now to discuss this BS
Is this the first time you made an online order? You won't accomplish anything by calling them.