Students

anyone done the CSI capstone course?/CFP final exam..

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2019 8:43 pm
Banned
May 9, 2019
277 posts
275 upvotes
I did the capstone course through CSI not long ago and had no trouble with it. I scored fairly well overall - about 75%.
I found all of the case studies pretty easy. I got just close to 90 on both the mini cases, and on the final plan I scored 55% on my first attempt and 65% on my final attempt. I pretty much stopped caring after I got my grades for the mini cases though. I just didn't want to spend to much time on a 40 page plan, so I rushed it. My thought process was do enough to pass 61% is all I was aiming for.

The mini quiz is 100% based on the dummy plan they give you.. Basically behavioral questions.

In terms of timeline, it took me about 1.5 weeks to get my grades back on the mini cases. The first draft of the final plan took 2 weeks. The last draft of the final plan took about a week.

CFP requirements are changing in 2020 and there is likely going to be a flood of candidates rushing to finish up this year.
Mar 9, 2019
7 posts
1 upvote
Thanks Bezne.

For the 40-page plan, if you scored 55% on your draft attempt and then decided to do nothing, do you think you'd still receive 55% on the final plan? Or do you think they grade the final submission based on the quality of your revisions?

I'm coming from the perspective if you score 100% on your draft, your final submission should also be the same. I'm somewhat confused on what the final grading is based on.

Thanks for your comments.
Mar 9, 2019
7 posts
1 upvote
Sorry to hear that - that sucks! Did they offer helpful feedback for your the final version of your 40-page plan? Hopefully the new curriculum being posted in 2020 will be better.