Computers & Electronics

Anyone else hate windows 10 with a passion?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 8:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch

Anyone else hate windows 10 with a passion?

hate hate hate hate. That is all I can say about how I feel about windows 10.

Everything from logging in, to the way its aesthetics look. Programs are slow too. Hate it all. Anyone else in the same boat?

Windows xp was fine. I had zero complaint about windows 7 too.
Merry krizmuss, Merry krizmuss, have a brite and a prospruss nieuw yaar.
121 replies
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9769 posts
1022 upvotes
No just you
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
12165 posts
990 upvotes
Toronto
Windows 10 takes some getting used to but it's quick with an nvme drive.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
3900 posts
789 upvotes
Halifax
I love windows 10. I had a hated passion for 8. But 10 they have come a long way. Window snapping is probably my favorite. sure, they have window snapping before, but it was greatly improved. I find the indexing and searching of your drive is much better now too, it works better than OSX for me atleast (I carry millions of files on my computer as a programmer, OSX really lags and stutters trying to handle it but windows handles it like a champ).

Windows 10 is very stable for me too.

The only thing I would say is pretty valid is the constant updates. I disabled auto updating (it is a registry change when I did it). So now I fully control when I update my computer.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4517 posts
494 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 9:21 am
hate hate hate hate. That is all I can say about how I feel about windows 10.

Everything from logging in, to the way its aesthetics look. Programs are slow too. Hate it all. Anyone else in the same boat?

Windows xp was fine. I had zero complaint about windows 7 too.
Yep. Hate all those tiles, I think there's away to make it look like win 7 (forget how)
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19266 posts
1430 upvotes
I don't mind Win10 - not sure why you are saying your apps load slow - Win10 with a SSD is very very snappy on my 5yr old laptop. Boots up on my laptop very quick with a SSD and I launch apps quickly - mind you I'm not some hardcore advanced user.

I use my laptop for surfing, Youtube, torrenting, playing movies on VLC, Word, emails and NBA streams.....

What are the specs on your machine? Mine is a Lenovo T430s i5 2.9GHz with 16GB ram and a 500GB SSD (Crucial MX).

Oh and for me, I'm old school and like the Start button program with the menus etc - so I installed Classic shell on top to make the Start button and program organization like WinXP....maybe you can try that as well...
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1578 posts
359 upvotes
I've happily migrated all my machines to Windows 10. Great OS.
Sep 27, 2003
8220 posts
1585 upvotes
Newmarket
Windows 10 works great for me...
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1143 posts
162 upvotes
Montreal
Have it on all my computers, great for me so far
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7449 posts
766 upvotes
Victoria
Nope, but like every other version of windows I tweak it so it runs the way I like:

1) Manually disable telemetry
2) Manually disable cortana
3) Use Classic Start Menu
4) Use Aeroglass to bring back transparency (Which makes win10 look way better)
5) Use registry edit to remove arrows from shortcuts

Probably a few more. It's a few more tweaks than other version of Windows, but it runs pretty good. I guess that's the upside of Windows.. if you don't like it, you can make it the way you do like.
Aug 5, 2016
12 posts
3 upvotes
It is garbage. Absolutely hate it.

-User has little control over the machine now. I want to quickly shutdown or restart, but they force an update on me... An update that takes 30 minutes (on a fast machine) when all I wanted to do was either shut it off or restart it...
-Control panel / settings mix-around is ridiculous... Where is the setting I'm looking for? Now I have to look in two different places...
-Buggy as can be... Randomly, the start menu just won't work...
-Forced crap, like one drive shoved down your throat... The whole thing is turning into an ad platform
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25391 posts
2750 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Windows 10 is actually pretty fast. But I hate the operating system. I hate it so much that I have converted all my machines to FreeBSD.

Any machine that absolutely has to run Windows, I’m using 8.1

The tiles don’t bother me, but the fact that I have to use their App Store does. Also not a fan of the ads and telemetry.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11448 posts
145 upvotes
abercombie and finch
danron1376 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:12 am
yeah, sticking with windows 7 for now.
I bought a new Dell so stuck with 10 'by default'. I will buy a windows 7 soon and make the switch as soon as I can.

Windows XP brings back memories of high school and windows 95 brings back memories of elementary school. So I would not mind having these loaded onto the same machine and make windows 7 my main I use. Since you can have multiple OSs, I would like to load those for the nostalgia and use windows 7 as the one that is modern but without the pain in the ass that 10 is. XP really was so good, look at how long it was kept going. I would love to keep moth OS on the machine.
Merry krizmuss, Merry krizmuss, have a brite and a prospruss nieuw yaar.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1578 posts
359 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 11:06 am
I bought a new Dell so stuck with 10 'by default'. I will buy a windows 7 soon and make the switch as soon as I can.

Windows XP brings back memories of high school and windows 95 brings back memories of elementary school. So I would not mind having these loaded onto the same machine and make windows 7 my main I use. Since you can have multiple OSs, I would like to load those for the nostalgia and use windows 7 as the one that is modern but without the pain in the ass that 10 is. XP really was so good, look at how long it was kept going. I would love to keep moth OS on the machine.
VirtualBox.