Personal Finance

Anyone else have bad experiences with Scotiabank?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 10:57 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2487 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
Scotia is indeed an a$$backwards organization
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
5005 posts
3975 upvotes
We’re all a little s…
anonguy123 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 8:33 pm
I again called them to do a balance transfer. I was on the phone (waiting for a representative) for over 22 minutes and still I was on hold.
Most people in today’s world would do this online in 30 seconds.....
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
5005 posts
3975 upvotes
We’re all a little s…
lhsonic wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 6:54 pm
2. They bumped my ULOC rate from P+ 2.2% to P+2.8% arbitrarily. I know they're within their rights to do so.. but it doesn't leave you with much confidence to use their product as this represented a >25% rate increase when I'm in a better financial position than I was when they first offered me P+2.2.
Math wasn’t your strong area in school was it?
You may want to try that again.
A 0.6% rate increase is not “over 25%” rate increase.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3870 posts
767 upvotes
Vancouver
coolintheshade wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 8:51 am
Math wasn’t your strong area in school was it?
You may want to try that again.
A 0.6% rate increase is not “over 25%” rate increase.
Actually.. it wasn't, but clearly kindness isn't your strong area in life. I simply forgot to add the P in P+x while drafting a post on the internet- no need to use insults.
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
5005 posts
3975 upvotes
We’re all a little s…
lhsonic wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 9:52 am
Actually.. it wasn't, but clearly kindness isn't your strong area in life. I simply forgot to add the P in P+x while drafting a post on the internet- no need to use insults.
Some people are just so sensitive on this forum.
I merely pointed out that your math is wrong, and you were making a big deal out of a minor thing.
While you harp about a half percentage rate increase, there are people that have reported much higher increases than that.
So you should feel lucky you didn’t see a 2%+ increase like others have.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3870 posts
767 upvotes
Vancouver
coolintheshade wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 10:18 am
Some people are just so sensitive on this forum.
I merely pointed out that your math is wrong, and you were making a big deal out of a minor thing.
While you harp about a half percentage rate increase, there are people that have reported much higher increases than that.
So you should feel lucky you didn’t see a 2%+ increase like others have.
You must have misunderstood me. It's unnecessary to use an insult to "merely point out" incorrect math. Even if what you said is true ;)

I am not "harping" or making a big deal about anything. I am simply responding to the OP's question of "bad experiences with Scotiabank" so I came back with 3 such experiences of my own to share. If you'll continue reading, I also mention that my rate was "still very competitive" and that I continue to bank with Scotiabank because of the rate, the ability to consolidate limits, and because of the offers they constantly share.
Removed external link in signature.
Nov 8, 2017
627 posts
260 upvotes
I've never banked with scotia, but last summer I walked by a scotia atm, and it looked like a space panel from a Russian Rocket ship built in the 70s

Had a good laugh