Shopping Discussion

Anyone Else Questioning Costco's Executive Member Rebates?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2013 10:08 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2206 posts
314 upvotes
Montreal

Anyone Else Questioning Costco's Executive Member Rebates?

I remember years ago we used to get all sorts of rebates from Costco's Executive Members program. I'm talking about the coupons that are mailed every three months which used to include everything from food to tires to toiletries.

Now? They're a bit of a joke.

I can usually tell beforehand exactly what will be included:

- Gillette razor cartridges
- Mr.Clean magic erasers
- Tide laundry detergent
- Mouth wash of some sort
- Tampax

Rinse and repeat for the next coupon booklet.

While we don't count on these rebates to justify the "upgrade" cost to become an Executive Member, the repetition is becoming a bit annoying since most of those items are regularly "on sale" at Costco anyways.

I'm not necessarily turning my nose up at the chance to save a few bucks but it seems like Costco has changed the program significantly. :(

/end rant
7 replies
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
I rarely used those coupons anyway; those products are cheaper when on sale elsewhere, especially if you have manufacturer coupons to use. I more than made up my executive membership this year, better to get some money back than pay for the basic and know it's a straight $60 fee.
Jul 13, 2013
2 posts
I used to have the executive membership for the first year, didn't get much out of it, and went back to basics.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
They send coupons? I had no idea....
I'm only a member since I get a check every year. Last year it was $350. I'm quite happy.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3631 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
same here, since when did they started sending out these coupons?
I know they give some coupons when you enter costco.. and thats pretty much all to it.
====================================
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6306 upvotes
Prince George
I don't question the 2% back :D

I agree the "executive" coupons have been pretty lame unless you're a big fan of Proctor & Gamble or Colgate-Palmolive products. But that's not the reason to go executive.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2005
2284 posts
47 upvotes
Kingston
I paid $110 for the executive membership last year and got $160 back at the end of the year. You're complaining about this??
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3566 posts
1644 upvotes
Brampton
rebate, no
coupons, yes. never found anything useful for me on those
even the magazine doesnt really have much