Travel

Anyone ever changed an AirTransat flight booked with expedia?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2018 2:15 pm
[OP]
May 23, 2017
685 posts
225 upvotes

Anyone ever changed an AirTransat flight booked with expedia?

Looks like I might have to change a flight that I booked with expedia through airtransat because my wifes visa looks like it will not arrive in time (even though its been processing 2 months...). Can I rebook any flight or does it need to be the same destination? I know there will be a fee but it will be better then losing our whole flights.
Got that Zoomer account!
11 replies
Nov 12, 2014
339 posts
159 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Your reservation should be with Air Transat so I would call them to see what the fees are and your options.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5117 posts
1932 upvotes
QN5252 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 1:58 pm
Your reservation should be with Air Transat so I would call them to see what the fees are and your options.
That advice may apply had the tickets been purchased directly with Transat. They weren't. I believe OP needs to deal with Expedia.

Having said that, I don't know the answers to OP's queries.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1573 posts
723 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 1:50 pm
Looks like I might have to change a flight that I booked with expedia through airtransat because my wifes visa looks like it will not arrive in time (even though its been processing 2 months...). Can I rebook any flight or does it need to be the same destination? I know there will be a fee but it will be better then losing our whole flights.
Transat’s change fees (you are most likely booked under eco promo / eco fare. Sometimes you may have booked under a special fare exclusive to Expedia/3rd party that can be 100% non refundable without changes depending on how close to departure you are).

Call Expedia. From the top of my head changes with Transat are anywhere from $250-$350 per person and you will have to commit to a new date/flight and will be responsible for a difference in fare (if any).

Change fees;
https://www.airtransat.com/en-CA/Travel ... n=ecofares
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
30579 posts
5493 upvotes
Ottawa
Conquistador wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 2:06 pm
That advice may apply had the tickets been purchased directly with Transat. They weren't. I believe OP needs to deal with Expedia.

Having said that, I don't know the answers to OP's queries.
Yup, AirTransat sold the ticket to Expedia who, in turn sold it to you. AirTransat never sold you a ticket. Expedia is your 3rd party travel agent. They are the ones that can change your flights and will charge you the change fee plus whatever admin fees Expedia has. AirTransat sold the ticket to Expedia who, in turn sold it to you. AirTransat never sold you a ticket.
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3946 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
you need to take to Expedia to change the tickets. Did you buy travel insurance? if you did then i know TD first class travel visa insurance includes schedule changes if your visa does not come in time. you should check out your insurance first if you did buy one.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1573 posts
723 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
marktang wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 9:22 am
you need to take to Expedia to change the tickets. Did you buy travel insurance? if you did then i know TD first class travel visa insurance includes schedule changes if your visa does not come in time. you should check out your insurance first if you did buy one.
Schedule changes refer to when the airline changes the time of your flight. Unfortunately I am not aware of any insurances (besides the blanket “cancel for any reason” policies) that cover you if there’s issues obtaining proper documentation (passports / visas) to travel.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3946 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 1:27 pm
Schedule changes refer to when the airline changes the time of your flight. Unfortunately I am not aware of any insurances (besides the blanket “cancel for any reason” policies) that cover you if there’s issues obtaining proper documentation (passports / visas) to travel.
i have asked td travel insurance. can be either cancel or change. it is covered. so that's why the person should ask as well if he is not sure.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1573 posts
723 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
marktang wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 1:30 pm
i have asked td travel insurance. can be either cancel or change. it is covered. so that's why the person should ask as well if he is not sure.
I know someone who had a bad experience with TD recently and I had to go through the policy for that card with them with a fine tooth comb.

Page 39/40 (shows the reasons you can cancel a trip both medical or non medical).
https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/document/ ... 528190.pdf

Depending on the circumstances that may cause you to delay / make a date change to a trip there are cases the insurance company will cover the change fees. However, when they mention ‘schedule changes’ they are referring to an airline making a change to the flight schedule insured.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3946 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 1:40 pm
I know someone who had a bad experience with TD recently and I had to go through the policy for that card with them with a fine tooth comb.

Page 39/40 (shows the reasons you can cancel a trip both medical or non medical).
https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/document/ ... 528190.pdf

Depending on the circumstances that may cause you to delay / make a date change to a trip there are cases the insurance company will cover the change fees. However, when they mention ‘schedule changes’ they are referring to an airline making a change to the flight schedule insured.
I found the document actually. it can be cancelled only if the person submit the application in a timely manner and is rejected for some reason beyond their control.
Images
  • Travel visa.JPG
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1573 posts
723 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
marktang wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 1:44 pm
I found the document actually. it can be cancelled only if the person submit the application in a timely manner and is rejected for some reason beyond their control.
Where is that link from?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3946 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 2:11 pm
Where is that link from?
from the certification i requested from them when i asked them regarding trip cancellation if my partner's was not approved or did not come on time. Section 7 of the certification - what your insurance covers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)