Food & Drink

Anyone ever got free pizza from Pizza Pizza?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2023 6:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18147 upvotes
ONTARIO
OrangeBerry wrote: Well if pizza does come un-cut then the person attempting the so-called "trick" is forking out full price for the pizza and no trick was applied. A trick would require this to work 100% of the time, because it doesn't I would say it's just a method. Anyone who applies this method has every intention of wanting to eat pizza.
No. Just because a trick doesnt work 100% of the time, doesnt mean its a trick.
Like is a magic trick not a trick because some people can’t be fooled? Does it not become a trick anymore if an audience member can figure it out?

Or how about we call it a scam? Or a CON. Would that make you feel better? Because cons & scams don’t work 100% of the time... Because apparently a trick has to work 100% of the time.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2018 upvotes
Scarborough
UrbanPoet wrote: No. Just because a trick doesnt work 100% of the time, doesnt mean its a trick.
Like is a magic trick not a trick because some people can’t be fooled? Does it not become a trick anymore if an audience member can figure it out?

Or how about we call it a scam? Or a CON. Would that make you feel better? Because cons & scams don’t work 100% of the time... Because apparently a trick has to work 100% of the time.
Look we can agree to disagree but my point to all of this is whether it is a trick or not the person placing the order has the intention of paying for the pizza because if the "trick" works they get a free pizza but if it doesn't work they are still happy since they wanted to eat pizza anyways.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18147 upvotes
ONTARIO
OrangeBerry wrote: Look we can agree to disagree but my point to all of this is whether it is a trick or not the person placing the order has the intention of paying for the pizza because if the "trick" works they get a free pizza but if it doesn't work they are still happy since they wanted to eat pizza anyways.
Okay... its not a trick.. whats a better definition?
Its cross contamination! They contaminated my unsliced pizza with a slicer!
I should make a thread defaming pizza pizza for cross contaminating my unsliced pizzas!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2018 upvotes
Scarborough
UrbanPoet wrote: Okay... its not a trick.. whats a better definition?
Its cross contamination! They contaminated my unsliced pizza with a slicer!
I should make a thread defaming pizza pizza for cross contaminating my unsliced pizzas!
Although I see how you intentionally are trying to poke fun from one of my other threads I still fail to see the joke as an unsliced pie would never come into contact with a pizza cutter since it was never cut lol
May 21, 2021
1 posts
The drivers are not responsible for late free pizzas I read many articles about Pizza restaurants and their 30 min or free guarantee Dominos started this deal in the 80s but ultimately this stopped because of many car accidents and deaths involving pizza delivery drivers and several law suits. It was just an unrealistic guarantee the articles state that any pizza order that left the store at the 25 minute mark are automatically marked late/free. It says drivers are not responsible or punished in anyway for example garnished wages so they dont understand why there is still a large number of accidents caused by delivery drivers Pizza Pizza also used to have the 30 min or free guarantee but as of now its 40 minutes or free 40 minutes can still be cutting it close depending on how busy the restaurant is traffic and distance to the customers house since they are not punished for late/free pizzas there should not be as many accidents and deaths the drivers obviously are just bad drivers who dont care if they are endangering anyone by their irresponsible driving habits they have nothing to lose infact I've recieved late/free pizza and still tipped the driver it's not always the drivers fault for the pizza arriving late it all depends on how busy they are if they are recieving order after order after order non stop they dont put some of the pizzas in the oven until 25 minutes after the customer called so by the time it's ready cut boxed and then out for delivery it's not possible for ths driver to deliver with in 40 minutes...now most pizza restaurants promote get your pizza in 30 minutes or less but do not have a guarantee or free pizza they are just advertising quick delivery times
Sep 7, 2023
1 posts
Yes, I have gotten a few, the time guarantee fluctuates from 40-60 minutes, but usually it's 40.

When you pay by credit card there used to be a section on the receipt where you would sign if the pizza was late.
One time the pizza was like 30 min late and I signed that section and struck a line through where you would write in the tip and total.

I got billed for it anyway. So i called to complain, and they were like you have to call the call centre immediately to get your free pizza. I told them about what was written on the receipt and they didn't believe me. I eventually won the arguement and they refunded, but they were really trying to pass the blame off to me.

A friend of mine had the delivery guy arrive just before the 40 minutes but the driver proceeded to lock himself out of the car before he could get the puzza out of the back seat. Took him a while to arrange for his spare keys to get to him
My friend called to get free pizza as the guy clearly wasn't at her door with pizza in hand. They ended up black listing her, I think she did get it for free, but they wouldn't deliver to address anymore for a while.

Couple other times, no problem

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)