Off Topic Archive

Locked: anyone ever heard of the ACN business opportunity?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2010 10:38 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
it still exist? i thought it disappear from the Earth last fall. anyway, i find it funny when they all say but every company is a scam.. makes them look dumber than high schooler :lol:

no offense high schooler. i'm not given you enough credit
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5276 posts
898 upvotes
???
Someone I havn't talked to in so long messaged me a couple days ago.

Here is the conversation that pursued, I didn't wanna say no or anything, just wanted to lead her on so I could get more info.

But I guess with my tone you can assume I am going to say no?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ismhs

It's HTM format, kinda long but idk if your bored you can read it.
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
does anybody have any tips for doing a hard reset on the iris 3000 video phone? its not mine but belongs to justin, a friend of mine. it stopped working recently and since im the smartest person that he and everyone else knows, they thought to give it to me to fix. well its kinda hard to fix when i can't find any troubleshooting tips for it at all on the net, none, zilch, nada, denero, niente. you know how your cable modems and routers have all kinds secret hacks and stuff pages, well does one exist for the iris 3000 video voip sip phone?
How do you like dem apples, Bro?
Mar 18, 2005
213 posts
28 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
angekfire wrote:
Sep 18th, 2009 4:04 pm
I find it funny how people come here and bump this thread saying it is legit (all of them working for the company), and then never show up again once myself and others utterly demolish any credibility or arguements they had.
I've just recently joined, and this is after hearing about it for 3+ years with people blowing hot air. Yes, it's true, a lot of people who do it hype it up waaaay too much. But that's cause they don't know how to do it.

A few friends of mine started doing it a little over a year ago, and from what I see, it's going pretty well. They're not making millions, but they're getting an extra residual check every month. I started it up because I actually do work hard for my money; I work a salary based job like everyone else, and I work a lot of hours to get what I want.

I am currently 24 years old, and am hopefully planning to get married with children sometime within the next 2-6 years. If it's possible for me to be able to work less hours, and provide the same to my family, that's great. If I ever become rich with it, even better.

Any investment takes an initial cost. Think about property; you buy a condo for $200,000, hoping to flip it and make money within a few years. To me, $500 is much less risky than 200k.

And now with Telus partnering with the business, I believe it will be a bit easier getting customers. But again, it's a $500 risk I'm willing to take. And it's great that I'm working with friends who are organized, and helping each other out to plan for the best possible outcome.

I'm not trying to recruit anyone on these forums or tell people about how you can get rich, I'm just presenting my point of view. To me, you need to work with an organized team that you'll be happy doing this business with, or you all lose motivation and momentum.

At the current moment, my friend has been able to give my family and a few of our other mutual friends a lower monthly bill. That's all I'm going to try to do when I present this to people, and if they don't take it, I'll move on.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6955 posts
60 upvotes
Ottawa
To be honest J-Money, I prefer the way you apprached this over the way most of the other people hyping ACN have in this thread. I find you presented it far more realistically than they did with reasonable expectations. Considering the number of people who have come in here saying they can make easily 6 figures, I have a far higher opinion of you already than most of the others.

Don't get me wrong. I still think this is a scam. I just find the way you presenting it is better than the people telling me I'm an idiot for not joining.

I have some questions though. How much have you made so far from this $500 investment? How much is your average residual check? How many people have you got to switch their service to ACN, and how many representatives have you recruited thus far?
Mar 18, 2005
213 posts
28 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
I actually just signed up a little over 2 weeks ago, and haven't even had the time to do anything with it yet. So far, I'm just meeting with my friend who partnered with me (we split all the costs & revenue down the middle), and we've just completed a form to register as business partners. We're planning with our team, and I'm simply getting familiar with all the products that ACN offers.

I believe that in order to sell someone ANY kind of service, you need to know about it enough to answer questions. I will not feel comfortable offering people the services, let alone show them the business, until I am familiar with each of these products we offer. Which is why I've asked our other friend who's in our "upline" to speak with my parents and compare the prices they are paying, rather than me simply saying "ok, I'll look into it."

To answer your question simply, out of the $500 I've invested, I have not had any returns within the 2-week period. Not trying to sound defensive, but I'll also give you another example I used from my initial post. My friend just invested in property and just signed a mortgage at the bank. At the current moment, he owes roughly 250k. He has a few renovations to make before the renter occupies the building, which will run him a few hundred, maybe thousand more. In his 6 weeks, he's down ~$251,500.
The way I see it, whichever one of us makes the proper decisions within the next few years will be able to flip this investment into a residual income. Knowing that I'm only launching myself in this part-time, I don't expect my gains to come quickly. To me, I have nothing to loose but $500 (or $250 since we split the fee), and a lot to gain IF this does work for me/us. My friend is also skeptical about ACN (we've had a bad experience with a mutual friend within the past 2-years), but now that he's invested this much in property, he's also saying "$500 is nothing; might as well give it a try."

Edit:
Plus there are always people who "do it wrong," no matter what it is. I should know, I'm a recent Education graduate from McGill, and the number of teachers I've seen "doing it wrong" really disappoint me. Those trolling on forums, and even Skype for that matter, are usually those who are "doing it wrong" and being really annoying. I remember a few months ago, I received a msg on skype from a random person. I have no idea how he found me, and he just messaged "hey, are you interested in making some money?" I knew exactly what he was referring to, and told him that what he was doing was only drawing me away from it. But like I said, I'm working with a great team that seems very organized that keeps us all involved.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6955 posts
60 upvotes
Ottawa
My friend who got into it was really enthusiastic, and is one of the most personable people I know. He is very good at dealing with people, and he is decent in business I suppose, and he tried to get me to sign up. He almost did, infact, except at the time I didn't have an extra $500 sitting around. As I've mentioned in this thread before, I made a deal with him. I said "For now, I will say no to this opportunity. When you've at least made back your $500, show me the checks, and I will re-consider joining at that point."

He still hasn't gotten anything to show me, except his meagre residual income. You can't make money in this unless you sign up new representatives. And you need to train 5 of them, and they each need to train 5 people before you can actually start making money above and beyond what you had to pay up front. And quite frankly, he is a far more social person than me, and if he can't do it, I doubt I could. And he thought this was such a good investment he borrowed the $500 from his parents, borrowed the money for his own video phone, and borrowed money to go down to a conference in the US. And all he has managed to do is get his family to switch their plans over to ACN. No representatives, very little residual income, and he still hasn't earned back much. He was still very into it for a full year, and never got anywhere with it, so I think he finally gave up.

I still view having to pay for a job to be a scam.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
If you want a residual income.
And want to invest money there are some stocks tha are listed as trust units on the Canadian stock exachange and some have quarterly dividends.

I used to get 10-15% in total yearly (only had an investment of $10,000

and if I still held these stocks they haven't lost any money in 8 years and would have had a nicer income...
The person that gave me this advice is not a banker but someone that runs an investment firm and used to do government investment until they retired.

I actually had to cash in my investments because I needed the money for various reasons.

To save money you can just get a discount brokerage account w your bank and manage that online as well..

I can't really say wich investments I did have but they were with some Canadian stocks and if you do your own research you can probably find quite a few good ones still...

-------
One of my cousins actually tried to sell ACN and he hasn't mentioned that in a couple years.
He decided to get a job as a lawyer eventually,lol
Mar 18, 2005
213 posts
28 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
I guess what also gave a bit more incentive is the extra bonuses they're offering to whoever signs up before Sept 30th. If you reach a certain position within a timeframe from when you start, there's extra bonuses different from the ones than simply recruiting people.

Again, I don't see this as 'replacing' anything most people would usually go for; which is a job and savings, or "real" investments of thousands. I still am working a job, and have a small savings (mostly due to the fact that I'm still paying a student loan). Again, to me this is only supplemental, and I don't see it as a "job." To be honest, they really do offer competitive rates, and their service is the exact same as all the bigger companies. Why? Because they're (or should I say "we're" since I'm part of the business now) partnered with them. For example, here in Montreal, my friend's parents were paying a bill of about $70 a month for telephone service and internet with Bell. With ACN, the same bundle (and I think a few little extras) was roughly $15-20 cheaper. And guess what: we're using the exact same lines. And from experiences I've heard, ACN does offer better customer service than Bell.

If I can offer people a way to save money, especially those close to me, I will do it. Then it's their choice whether or not they want to. It's nothing complicated, since they do the whole "hardware" switch for you, and there's no contracts that are being signed. Of course, I will mention the business (moreso to friends and acquaintances) and if they ask, I will give them more info and it's up to them if they want to attend a presentation.

Sitting down with my team/friends, we planned about 3 hours of meetings per week, and the probability of getting returns is very great, and this is all from simple work of "advertising" services by offering savings, and if they're interested, presenting the business.

I just got out of University, and my main focus is to find a job as a teacher. Everyone knows that the pay for educators is ridiculous, so of course I'm not doing it for the money. I'm really trying hard to gain experience in my field, but if I can spare 3 hours per week of my time to something that could generate more income, so be it. That 3 hours per week is usually spent with some of the same people who are now doing the business, so instead of hanging out at someone's place playing xbox, we can hang out at someone's place and see if we can make some cash, AND THEN play xbox. :)
May 20, 2006
602 posts
Markham
I made $140,441,201.02 in three weeks at ACN.

If my success story motivated you, then click the link below to learn more.

http://tinyurl.com/9k4o3
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2498 posts
37 upvotes
Milton
I've tried these things, I almost bit into a special mango juice product that was going to be the "next-big thing" - but they just don't work. The only people who get rich are the ones who make money off the poor souls who buy into the idea.

When it looks too good to be true, it is.
Mar 18, 2005
213 posts
28 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Ignorance can go both ways; both for the person in the situation, and other who is skeptical about it. The only person who actually gave me a thoughtful response is angekfire. Everyone else is simply regurgitating that "OMG it's a pyramid scheme," just like some registered with ACN just keep repeating "OMG it's gonna make me millions."

Try to understand both sides. I was an "ACN hater" for the past 3+ years, and now that I have CLOSE friends doing it, I can see how progress is possible.

And the difference between selling "mango juice" or those life-injecting pills and ACN is that they provide a service that everyone WILL be using no matter what. Phone services and internet will be around for a LONG while, and you can even say people "depend" on it. Can't say the same for mango juice or those fancy pills that breathe life back into you.

Anyways, like I said, I'm not trying to lure anyone into doing the business, but only giving my input as the OP asked for. I didn't read the first couple of pages, cause it's full of the same people either saying that it will make them rich, or those who say it's a pyramid scheme. Hopefully my posts have been insightful to those who have been thinking about getting into it. As you can see, I'm not leaving any referral codes, numbers or links. I'm trying to find GOOD customers for the business (i.e. those who will actually pay their telecom bill on a regular basis), as well as present an opportunity to those who are interested. If you're not interested, that's all, and move on.

Also, may I suggest that you find yourself a team that you will WANT to work with, because without anyone else, the beginning is difficult in trying to build the first few customers.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6955 posts
60 upvotes
Ottawa
J-Money wrote:
Sep 26th, 2009 8:17 am
I guess what also gave a bit more incentive is the extra bonuses they're offering to whoever signs up before Sept 30th. If you reach a certain position within a timeframe from when you start, there's extra bonuses different from the ones than simply recruiting people.
The incentives are only useful if you can actually make them, which very few people can. Like I said, my friend worked at it for over a year and couldn't get a single rep to sign up under him. He never made the bonus for getting 5 reps trained under him, and the residual income is negligible.
J-Money wrote:
Sep 26th, 2009 8:17 am
Again, I don't see this as 'replacing' anything most people would usually go for; which is a job and savings, or "real" investments of thousands. I still am working a job, and have a small savings (mostly due to the fact that I'm still paying a student loan). Again, to me this is only supplemental, and I don't see it as a "job." To be honest, they really do offer competitive rates, and their service is the exact same as all the bigger companies. Why? Because they're (or should I say "we're" since I'm part of the business now) partnered with them. For example, here in Montreal, my friend's parents were paying a bill of about $70 a month for telephone service and internet with Bell. With ACN, the same bundle (and I think a few little extras) was roughly $15-20 cheaper. And guess what: we're using the exact same lines. And from experiences I've heard, ACN does offer better customer service than Bell.
I saw their cell plan which is partnered with Telus I believe. It is actually the exact same as the Telus plan, no savings to be had there, it was literally the exact same. Only difference: now you got ACN as a middle-man instead of getting it right from the source.
J-Money wrote:
Sep 26th, 2009 3:24 pm
And the difference between selling "mango juice" or those life-injecting pills and ACN is that they provide a service that everyone WILL be using no matter what. Phone services and internet will be around for a LONG while, and you can even say people "depend" on it. Can't say the same for mango juice or those fancy pills that breathe life back into you.
Everyone says that. Everyone says their product/service will be something everyone will be using, and that people will depend on it. Are you saying people depend more on phone service than LIFE-EXTENSION PILLS? Assuming they both worked and kept all the promises (admittedly, probably false anyway), you'd be crazy not to take them.

I know 1 person who has the video phone from ACN. That person is my friend who is an ACN rep. Not very useful when nobody else has one. Besides, why would I pay for that and the service to go with it when I could just get a webcam & skype? Or hell, I can even video chat on MSN for free.
J-Money wrote:
Sep 26th, 2009 3:24 pm
Also, may I suggest that you find yourself a team that you will WANT to work with, because without anyone else, the beginning is difficult in trying to build the first few customers.
The group my friend joined said they'd help him get his first 5 clients and help him get some reps. Either they never did, or simply nobody was interested regardless. They are the ones who hosted the meeting to try to recruit us, and it was held at his place. Nobody joined up with even such a large group, because he had gotten basically all his close friends there as well.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2498 posts
37 upvotes
Milton
In for fail stories in 1-3 months.
× < >